MSD due (if any):
Cash due (if any):
Incentive for new lessee (if any):

Financial institution: USBank
Transfer fee: $500
Credit Application Fee: $150
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details:
Non smoker, clean title, Husky All Weather Floor Liners in Front and Rear, Prior to COVID19, I was already working from home 4 days a week so this car is literally sitting in my garage and my family has no need for a second car. PA inspected in February 2019, Synthetic Oil change, Averages 55MPG and better in warmer climates, Android Auto/Apple Carplay, Honda Remote Start

Willing to negotiate credit and transfer fee, and for out of state transport (only if it makes sense and is reasonable for both parties)

I was going to originally try Swapalease but I couldn’t justify paying for what essentially seemed like a glorified classified ad to me.

I’ve also got a few quotes as well from Vroom, WeBuyAnyCar, AutoNation, and local Honda dealer in my area for a buyout but unfortunately with the COVID19 situation used car offers / demand seem to be low.

If anyone has any interest or tips in getting this moved I’m all for it. Thanks in advance.

First off, these are great cars! I leased the previous gen of this a number of years ago before I got into full EVs and I really loved it. I used to get a kick out of trying to hypermile it to the max :slight_smile:

As for this lease swap, Swapalease will probably get you much more exposure to the typical customer than you will get here. This board is pretty much exclusively geared around those who want (literally) the deals that 99% of people don’t get.

In other words, with this one likely being around $350 a month all in, plus the fact that some folks prefer not to deal with US Bank, makes this perhaps not the easiest one to transfer out of. Gas being $1.50 a gallon or less in many areas also probably doesn’t help :frowning:

Yeah I totally understand it for sure and yeah well US Bank…enough said there.

Swapalease is just insanely expensive and most reviews seem to be hit or miss with them so I figured I’d try here, plus I’ve lurked around these forums long enough that I finally made an account.

When I leased the car I was still commuting into the city and not working from home so I of course figured out the mileage and that’s why I did 3yrs/45K but of course then we all started working from work due to getting rid of some of the office space leases my company had in the city. So prior to this pandemic I was only driving this 1 maybe 2 days max on any given week. Now once a week I drive it around the block just to keep it running.

Regardless, happy to finally join and see if anyone has any interest while I continue to pursue other options including just eating the buyout difference if need be just to get out of it. We can afford the payment no problem we just don’t need the car.

Anyways, thanks!

I didn’t want to bring it up initially, but the 36 month/45K mile lease (although higher than normal for the amount of miles), will also expose one to a good amount of time out of warranty on a Honda, so some folks may shy away from that.

As far as Swapalease, I’m not sure of the value in paying for a listing in objective terms, but I do believe it will give your car much much more exposure to likely buyers than you might find here. Because… we are a bunch of incredible cheap skates here (and take pride in it), LOL

1 Like

Leasetrader is cheaper than swapalease if memory serves.

I sold my lease on craigslist. It happened to be a person that only bought cars through lease transfers. Its free, right?

Craigslist is free of course but leasetrader and Swapalease do charge a fee. Swapalease was around $750 to list.

:flushed:

Something sounds a little off about that, there should be some more basic listings that are much much less.

It was $400 vs $700 I just went back and looked at my quote.

But with the cheapest package buyers couldn’t contact me directly.

$400

• Search Page Listing Until Sold
  • Banner Advertisement Rotation Until Sold
  • Featured Auto Section Rotation Until Sold
  • Photo Gallery

$700

• Search Page Listing Until Sold
  • Homepage Rotation Until Sold
  • Featured Auto Section Rotation Until Sold
  • Banner Advertisement Rotation Until Sold
  • Contact Information Directly Available To Registered and Unregistered Buyer
  • Highlighted Listing
  • Photo Gallery

Supposed to be $200 for a decent kind of listing.
Nice Pics OP. GLWS

thanks, just seeing what’s out there on leasetrader and swapalease even though I’m not at $200 I’m way better than others that are over $400

Others might disagree, but i have found swapalease better than lease trader (have tried both)
Turn around on SAL is a lot quicker.

I assume 1.5 engine, might want to add that to the title.

It’s an insight… are there even different engine options?

1 Like

:joy: trims only

Ha, I didn’t even notice, I thought it was an Accord. Helps to read the title!

Too much quarantine, I’m starting to lose it.

Honda doesn’t seem to allow for lease transfers, does it?