2019 honda civic hatchback ex

Honda Civic hatchback ex
36/12K

RV/MF?
Any Incentives?

Thanks!

1 Like

Best bet is going to be to post here as they have access to all this info: https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/53152/honda/civic/2019-honda-civic-lease-deals-and-prices

Hi there!

Just trying to get some opinions to see if the below is a good lease offer for a Honda Civic 2019 LX Sedan (base model)

36 months, 12k miles/ yr

MSRP: $21,145.00.

Total Cap Cost: $18,235.46 ( Including $595 acquisition fee)

$ 0down: $199 + tax per month

I live in Harrisburg PA

This would be my first lease and I am looking under 250$/month. Heard about Civics are not good for lease but these numbers are attracting me. Please let me know!

Thanks!

Guys,

I’m in St Paul, Minnesota.

Here’s the deal I’m getting on the 2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback -

36 months/12k
0 Down
The final deal is 264$ per month. This is inclusive of everything.

MSRP = 24600
Agreed value fo vehicle = 21400
Sales Tax = 613
Licence and registration = 363.75
Dealer Fee = 100
Acq. Fee = 595

Money Fac = .00108
60% Residual.

Where can I ask them to lower the price.
I am so confused. I really need a car asap and some terms still go over my head.

Thanks!

It’s not a bad deal at all

Yeah, that’s a pretty good deal on a brand that doesn’t lease well.

You could ask for a breakdown of how they got from $24,600 to $21,400. If you don’t see any incentives in there, then you can ask to apply those that apply. Depending on region, there may be college grad, military, loyalty, and “lease cash”.

$0 down or $0 due at signing?
$0 down usually refers to $0 towards cap cost reduction

0 down and they’re asking for first month’s payment at signing. I’m fine with that since I’ll then have to pay 264*35 installments.

Also, after applying the 500$ grad discount, I am getting this deal.

I feel it’s a good deal too. I don’t want to be too pushy tbh.
Thanks to leasehackr I was slaying it with the salesman, their manager and their ‘finance guru’ :smiley:

One question though - Is the sales tax calculated on the depreciation part (cap cost - residual) or is it calculated on depreciation + fees (acq., licensing, etc)?

I have a feeling I can negotiate more on the rental charge and sales tax they are charging.

If you are getting base rate you can’t get lower just by negotiating, some brands allow security deposit but not Honda as far as I know. Which is your base rent.
As for tax - well - negotiating that should be with IRS of your state:)

Tax is tax and governed by local regulation. The dealer can’t and won’t screw with that.

The way you’ll pay tax on the various components of the lease depends on your state.

If they added the $500 grad discount after the numbers you posted here, your payment should drop by another ~$15. If you’re at $250 on that car with only first payment DAS, go sign the lease knowing you’ve done really well.

Thanks. I meant is there anyway of knowing how they are calculating the exact tax amount.
Lol, if I could negotiate a better taxation system, I’d take it with the IRS and ask them to remove such a regressive system.

I feel I’ve done a decent deal here. But I would love to take it to 250$ per month. That was my goal.

They have to calculate and show you the correct tax amount or they’ll get into deep trouble. They don’t necessarily need to show it to you on the “deal sheet” or whatever, but it must be accurate on your final contract, so be sure to check that. I have never seen or heard of a dealer “cheating” via tax. I can’t imagine it happens enough to worry about.

I see. Thanks for this info.