2019 Highlander XLE - any improvements to be made? $375/month

I have a quote for a 2019 Highlander XLE AWD. Region is Kansas City, MO. Any improvements to be made here? Not as good as some brokers, but I’m nowhere near a coast.

Term: 36 months / 12k miles
Monthly: $375 including tax ($345 before 8.6% tax)

MSRP: $42,394
Selling Price: $36,894 ($5,500 discount, ~13%)
Incentives: $0
MSD: 0
Due at signing: $592 (first month + $199 admin)

Residual: 61%
MF: .00033
Region: MO

Calculator Link

Tough crowd! If there are any Toyota gurus out there, I’m mostly wondering what a realistic target for discount off MSRP is. 13% seems fine, but is there more there?

check with @Jrouleau426 f he can do a deal for you.

That’s a good price. Take it

1 Like

If with TFS, you can get a lower payment by doing MSD

I have had good luck with Molle, as your quote suggests. Also, Hendrick seems to be competitive too. Are you trading anything in?

Not planning to trade anything. Hendrick gave me a classic $500something lease quote with a bunch down, and I was kinda annoyed because I had made it pretty clear I knew the numbers and what they should be. I did let them know where I was at and never heard back so :man_shrugging:

I wouldn’t waste anymore time trying to grind down the price. They’re all in at that price from the look of that quote

1 Like

Thanks @Jrouleau426. He quite literally used the phrase “all in” so you’re probably right. The Limited’s have a worse Residual and I’m not into the lower trim versions. I guess this is my best bet, just gotta make a decision. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Good to know you tested the waters over there. Sounds like you’ve done your diligence. I have had mixed results at Hendrick. However, my best deal ever was done there on a Camry a few years ago. My most recent vehicle came from Molle - Molle and Hendrick independently arrived at the exact same price eventually, which was interesting.

Hendrick doesn’t seem good at feeling out who is educated typically - most of the salespeople wander over to the tower, get horrible numbers and then wander back - like most dealers in person. The best luck I had was a written lease worksheet from Molle, which they then beat in store.

Never got around to signing this last month. Here is this month’s offer:

Term : 36 months / 12k miles
Monthly : $372 including tax ($342 before 8.6% tax)
LH Score: 9.9 Years

MSRP : $42,394
Selling Price : $36,394 ($6,000 discount, ~14.2%)
Incentives : $0
MSD : 0
Due at signing : $588 (first month + $199 admin + some tax)

Residual : 59%
MF : .00013
Region : KCMO

I’ll probably get one. They haven’t been selling these 2019’s from what I can tell and have over 10 left, which doesn’t really motivate me to rush to the dealer. But I suppose residual will continue dropping month over month.

What dealership in KC offered you this deal?

Molle Toyota.

2020 Highlander is a complete redesign. Should be out early next year. They might get a bit sweeter depending on how many are still on the lot at end of the month.