2019 GMC Acadia Denali AWD

, ,

Nobody has a crystal ball

What dealer in Jersey are you looking at? Maybe find one that’s more aggressive or look at Pennsylvania dealers to reduce the dealer fees a bit.

MF may be higher or lower, but residual is almost certain to drop two months from now, so that’s something to keep in mind. And who knows what incentives will look like. If your NJ zip code qualifies you for it there should be extra cash from the NY Auto show in April, but who knows what the rest of the lease incentives will look like.

Just for reference. I leased the exact same MSRP Acadia denali brand new for 415 /mo including taxes.
This was a few months ago however. 36/15k with first payment only due at signing. Everything else rolled in. I don’t have my sheet in front of me, but my discount was closer to 10k off msrp, with little negotiation. Bottom line, you can do better.

That sounds like a great deal if it was on a Denali. But I have a really hard time believing that you got $10k off MSRP without including incentives/rebates in that estimate. Incentives could have been $10k (which explains how easy it was to get) or $0. Please post full details if you want to actually help. With incentives and MF changing every month it is impossible to compare prior deals without knowing the complete story.

1 Like

Yes, you are correct that did include around 3500 in incentives.

So ~10% off, another 3500 in incentives and probably another ~2000 in Flex/Dividends… Sounds about right for a good deal on one of these on a given month at a volume dealer.

3 Likes

What was your MF and Residual? Had to be higher residual, lower/same MF.

So the consensus I’m gathering is around 6-8% off MSRP for a new truck, then add incentives is a solid number.

$4500 off $51k is about 9% off MSRP

That’s what you should be shooting for give or take. What dealer were you working with?

Green brook. First one we visited. Not saying we’ll stay with them. Fees are high.

Jim Curley was great when I got my Acadia last year. If you’re willing to go to Doylestown PA hit up Fred Beans. On Cargurus they are showing several with massive discounts. Purchase rebates included of course, but that still gives you a good place to look. Capped doc fee in Pennsylvania is a big help too.

O’Neil GMC in Warminster PA might be worth a look too. On the topic of Green Brook, here’s some emails from a deal I was trying to work on a different car about a year ago. They were never transparent about anything and pushy as hell too.

Hahahaha what an a**hole. LISTEN HERE :rofl:

Next time you need a supplier number, PM me…

1 Like

6-8 should be easy, 8-10 if you wanna push it a bit. They’ll likely have to add flex cash in to get there. I would take your demo numbers and email them to every sales manager within 100 miles asking to beat it with an in stock new Denali at comparable MSRP. You might get lucky, worst case you’ll find out who is willing to play ball and go from there. Make sure you do the work on your end and pull their stock number.

I’ll pull out the paperwork when i get home from our spring break. I do know I had to work on them to give me the base MF and not a slightly marked up number. I do have a GMS number, but as has been covered on the forum before you can do much better than the GMS discount provides.

GMS is employee.

You can do better than supplier in terms of pure selling price discount, BUT if there is an additional CCR attached to using it you probably can’t - not to mention that dealers get a spiff from GM and so they are more likely/willing to throw flex cash at it. When I was shopping, using the code yielded the best results.

Update: Leased a new truck.

Was able to get them to go 8% (on a brand new truck), and they gave $1k to cover the cost of the remaining payments on the current lease. I think all in all it was a fair deal, and a fair exchange. I’ve run into some characters before trying to work a deal and this wasn’t like that at all. I’m sure others have had their own experience with this dealer. In the end it all depends on how both parties act/react and the transparency of it all. The fees were most likely a little higher than others I could have queried but in the end it’s over and done with and the wife is super excited. It’s a BEAUTIFUL truck. Good on you GM.

FYI. They would not move on the demo more, just like others have said in the forums.

Thanks again for all the discourse and help here. Very informative and I hope others find it so as well. Good luck in your own endeavors.

Enjoy the Acadia, I have an SLE2 and it’s been great over the past year. My dad has the Denali and really likes it too. Did you ground an existing lease there, or did they just cut you a check to handle it on your own? What were you getting out of?

Cut a check.
LR Disco Sport.
Wanted to get a third row truck at a lower price point.