2019 E300 4matic loaner $66k MSRP - $464

Because they negotiate everything else :slight_smile:
These fees are straight profit and I think some part of it goes to finance manager. So, when were ask for everything, including holdback, they keep these fees. It’s probably psychologically easier for us to pay these fees as part of doing business rather then leaving 1.5-2% discount on the table. And if it is not limited by law then why not? But crazy to think that it adds another $22-25/mo

Good points… especially about the “psychological” part. In this case I’m not that annoyed by it but still a bit annoyed that they marked up the MF and wouldn’t accept my fleet discount haha. Oh well!

Are incentives not applicable to loaners? Edmunds says there’s ~3k incentive for this month.

They are .

2 Likes

But dealers usually say sell price includes all incentives, etc. Probably i am just bad at negotiation. :slight_smile:

Walk us through how you set up this deal. Did you call and right off the bar say “I’m looking for 26% off with buy rate MF etc?” Or did you say “what’s your best offer on stock 13455, etc?”

Great deal and car.

Normally I would go the email route and ask for best offers are on certain stock numbers at each dealer and cast a REALLY wide net. However, this time around I only had 1 day to find a car. So i stuck somewhat local to the DC area and called sales managers. It’s a bit hard to get hold of them but when i did I asked for their best offer on stock number XXX. I did start the call saying what my previous deal was on my E300 and do understand RVs and MFs have since changed and are not as good. But I also said I am being very aggressive and will get a car by end of the day from where the deal is best. I then played offers off each other until I got to a point where no other dealers will come close. I shopped the monthly payment vs MF and sell price since I was really short on timing. In the end the MF was marked up a decent amount but sell price was really good.

In the end, nothing special on how I got my deal but I hope this helps. The best suggestion is to work directly with the sales manager. Good luck!

1 Like