Email: jreynolds@mccaddon.com

MSRP: 27,095
Monthly Payment: $199+tax
Drive-Off Amount: $2,699+tax
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000 miles
MF: .0007916
Residual: 60
Available Incentives: Must qualify for lease conquest or lease loyalty, Holiday Bonus Program
Region: CO (Boulder)
Leasehackr Score: 8.5 years
Filled Lease Calculator

3.3% off MSRP as a dealer discount is not a strong offer. Most here would prefer a lease structured without any cap cost reduction or a true sign and drive.

3 Likes

You are expected to explain what drive off amount consists off.

Let me say this car is smaller than you think. I test drove in the rain 2 weeks ago
Didn’t stop very well with hard braking in AWD version. Floored it and was under whelmed as well. Just think everyone should know

It’s all broken down in the calculator link, it’s 594 doc, 199 first payment, and the remainder is call cost reduction. I’ll be sure to break it down in future posts.

The encore is a small crossover, that’s true. Sorry you weren’t floored when you floored it! As for hard breaking, you mentioned it was raining, and it’s worth remembering that AWD helps you go in bad weather, but does nothing to make you stop more quickly in snow or rain.

I recently leased this exact car as a loaner. My two cents is that it’s definitely very small, so this vehicle is not for anyone who needs to carry cargo or more than one passenger frequently or even semi-frequently. It is a fun ride though. Additionally, an issue which I didn’t realize until I drove it for a few days is that there is nowhere to rest the driver’s left arm. In most cars, the driver can rest theie arm on the ledge of the driver’s door, but this car is so small that the door ends before the driver, and the ledge on the door is too low and too far up to be of any use. Hope I find a solution or it’s going to be a long 36 months!

Way too much to pay for that car. Underpowered, very small trunk. I had one last year paying $132 per month and got rid of it 6 months later…

So there’s no DMV/registration fees?

Included in doc, appologies if that was unclear.

I’ll take a peek at the one on the showroom tomorrow and see if I can brainstorm a solution for you.

I drove a jeep in the snow for a test drive a week later and it didn’t have any issues stopping.

It was likely fitted with different tires, unless you were actively controlling your shift points to engine brake, AWD/4WD will not make a difference in stopping distance. I’m not trying to convince you with this that the encore is the vehicle you should own, just that if you’re in rain or snow, you shouldn’t be fooled into thinking anything other than tire choice is going to affect stopping distance significantly.

Welcome. Most, if not all, frequent posters recommend no cap cost reduction. As you know, if the car gets totalled, it is gone. You might want to advertise with only first payment DAS or sign and drive.

1 Like

This is a full pop walk in deal. Not leasehackr material.

3 Likes

Its a much smaller car than you’d think for a suv crossover. Better will get gmc terrain or chevy equinox in this price range.

Last I saw these went out for $75 (check earlier threads)

There are good videos on YouTube that discuss how destination, delivery, dealer prep, inspection fees, advertising charges, documentation fees are really just a way to make more money off the consumer. You should check with your state to know what the taxes and registration fees are before going into any dealership.

Destination fee is charged by the manufacturer. No way you can get around it.

FYI, when I got mine in April I was scared at how bad it stopped. But apparently the brakes had to be “broken” in for a few hundred miles as after that it stopped just fine.