2019 BMW X6 lease deal -- Thoughts?

, ,

Situation: I’m currently in an X4 with lease end approaching end of June. It does not seem that BMW has any pull ahead programs right now but this local dealership is doing their own pull ahead and will take the vehicle and take care of the last 3 payments. While I was getting service, I noticed a vehicle that seemed like a good deal and here is the final breakdown. It is a demo vehicle with ~2000 miles. Thoughts?

2019 BMW X6 xDrive35i AWD
MSRP: $73,660
Negotiated Cap cost: $63,849 (plus $195 admin and $925 acq. fee)
Residual: $41,842 (57%, discounted by 1 point from current 58% due to mileage)
MF: .00177 that will be reduced to .00142 with 7 MSDs

Final lease payment is $797 + tax.

With the above, I will also save my current dispo fee and some fees for some rock chips on my windshield that they said they’ll cover.

Thoughts?
Here’s the calculator

Pretty bad as there is a significant lease on X6 (6K?) so the dealer discount is weak, no less for a demo. You should be at 16-18% off at least BEFORE lease credit. Search recent X6 deals on here as they are some between $500-$600/month.

Lol you shouldn’t be at 15% off before incentives.

Shouldn’t be at 15% on a demo? Was that a typo?Doesn’t qualify for CCA and with the mileage penalty discount is less vs new. Lease cash with loyalty should be around $6,500 so this offer is a joke.

Not the same region but this is $250/month cheaper. He is paying for the last 4 months of his X4 since there is no such thing a dealer pull ahead

There is an identical car that isn’t a demo that would cost me $20/month more. I would lean toward that after looking at it closer vs. the demo.

The incentives are $4500 + $750 loyalty. I don’t know if that’s regional or not. I’m in the Midwest.

There is also a $5,000 difference in MSRP, and Taxes are due upfront so a little different situation.

And mine is 12,000 miles vs. 10,000 miles.

I know you mentioned the MSD’s is the quote above inclusive of that ?

The deal is terrible for both new or the loaner. The car is not in high demand and they are giving less than 7% on a loaner before the $5,250. The lease cash comes from BMW, not the dealer. As a frame of reference, people are getting 10% off brand new 2019 X5 which are extremely popular.

Also, you know you are paying for the remaining X4 payment as part of the lease right? Unless you are getting an amazing deal on a 2018 I would say just ride it out since you would still save the disposition if you leased a BMW in June.

Here is the right calculator however not taking into account the 3-4 lease payments they are absorbing.

Yes. The $797 base payment is after MSD. I linked the calculator above in the OP.

I know it’s not apples to apples but his quote didn’t include tax either, so closer to $900/month for a loaner :flushed:

How much is your X4 payment and how many months would they be absorbing? 2 or 3?

$595/month.

3 payments (due at beginning of April, May, June). Lease end is last couple days of June.

Is this BMW lease cash only good for March or longer?

The discount is slightly better (closer to 9%)taking into account the $1,800 they are paying off built into the sale price but still not good.

Yes, lease cash is pretty much available every month but the amount can vary. It’s been pretty consistent on the X6 (+/- $500) for the past couple of months so not like it’s going away anytime soon. There is no compelling factor to lease this month vs. next month especially on a 2019. If they were willing to discount the loaner closer to 20% before taking into account your X4 and the lease cash is when I would start considering this deal. Otherwise ride out the X4 unless you are going to exceed the mileage or something because you are paying for the car one way or another.