Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i
MSRP: $70,095
Monthly Payment: $898
Drive-Off Amount: $700
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 15,000
MF: 0.00145
Residual: 55%
Incentives: $1750 (College Grad + Conquest)
Region: Nor-Cal

35 x $898 = $31,430 + $700 due at signing - $1000 CCA rebate = $31,130 / 36 = $864 per month

Couldn’t replicate the numbers on LH calc properly.

As some of you know, I spent over 1 month shopping for this car through end of June and July. I had lower offers than this from some local dealers but I picked this car because it had the exact specs I wanted, nothing more and nothing less. Most places had black interior which I was trying to avoid and that made finding the right car hard. I wanted Cognac interior, 20-21" rims, Premium package 2, Drive Assist PRO, and Park Assist - all of which are on this car!

I can say with enough experience that hacking an X5 is near impossible right now in Nor-Cal. 3 of the dealers didn’t have any cars that were as loaded as what I was looking for without getting into a V8. I highly recommend anyone looking for this car to wait for 2-3 months and let the hype cool down.

I will say however that this is one of the most beautiful SUVs on the market right now and the tech is years ahead of competitors. I test drove a loaded GLE350 and it was WAY too confusing.

Goodluck hacking the X5! I look forward to reading about deals in the 700s and getting a bit sad come 2020 LOL

Special thanks to @Electric for helping me throughout the process, this forum is great because of users like you man!

2 Likes

luxury seating package?

Doesn’t appear to be. There would be more perforations

No, doesn’t have luxury seating package

pictures weren’t up yet.

still a nice spec, assuming new?

Yes new! 2020

You mean 2019? I don’t think 2020s have been delivered yet.

Agree, quite difficult to find matching vehicle if you are picky about colors and packages. Reason I custom ordered.

How much discount were you able to get in NorCal?

2020 was to fill the character requirement

It’s 2019 LOL

Nor Cal dealers were ranging from 8 to 13% discount but it was tough getting high discount and base MF.

I doubt any norcal dealer is giving you a 13% discount. They mark-up the MF anything beyond 10-11% (20 basis points mark-up = 1% discount hit).

I had MV offer 13.5% (CA blurted that number out on 30th of the month at 8.45pm in a desperate attempt to sell the car), but when the final numbers come out and you check, voila, jacket up MF.

Anyways, great car! idrive 7 is really nice

Yeah I think the dealer fixed the numbers a bit in finance somehow to help themselves because the discount was lower than we discussed but the payment was the same so I didn’t complain

It’s def gonna take me some time to learn iDrive 7 since AudiMMI was relatively easy to use.

MV is the sleeziest dealer I’ve dealt with in NorCal, and it’s not even close.

1 Like

MV offered me $1078 for sign and drive 36/15k :rofl::rofl: with slightly lower MSRP than what I got (and no premium package)

Yup, Im totally planning to complain their shenanigans to their top managent, maybe even autonation and BMW

They need $$ to build that fancy new dealership under construction… so they mark up MF to 0.00185 lol

Beautiful car. Thanks for sharing your deal with us. Drive it in good health!

I have an email from another autonation dealership saying they all (i.e. autonations) markup 40 basis points by default, but since I was pushing them, they will drop it to only 20. SV told me that practically any discount more than 10% would mean they would mark-up.

Not to rage too much, but here lies one of my frustrations with leasing for uneducated people is that people don’t have any idea that dealerships could/would do that. Its fair to make money as much as you can, but its one of those things that people don’t bother to look or understand how the math works out. anyways good night!

Yup, when my dad asked me what marked up MF meant I said “it’s like your WF branch marking up the interest rate from the given rate my WF bank” and he understood the idea of it and was not happy with it

I had issues with their personnel. Knew my MF was inflated beforehand. Finance director is a clown. I thought the internet sales manager was innocent but he ended up being just as big a POS in the end. Last dealership I would ever recommend to anyone.

Btw really curious what your discount was before incentives? I had literally not much luck with SC