2019 BMW X5 xDrive 40i in BMW Individual color Tanzanite Blue II 527/month , $5100 down

, ,

Lots of inquiries and interest daily. Was having DMV issues at first for BMW to get a copy of the title so that made me lose out on a lot of transferees at the start.

you are just reducing the down payment by $200 every month, keeping the effective monthly payment the same for a car that gets a little more used each month. So you are just being opportunistic and don’t have any real motivation to move this car?

2 Likes

Death by papercut…

By reducing the down payment $200 each month, the effective monthly payment has stayed the same, you’re right. BUT, each month since OP’s initial posting, discounts on X5’s have been dropping at a MUCH higher rate. So the effective payment on this car now nets you a much better deal compared to today’s prices than in June or July. You would be lucky to get 12% off before incentives on this car now. Just need the right buyer who will appreciate the deal and understand that $5.1k down @ $527/month is the same as $0 down @ $686/month. I don’t think any broker or member on here can walk into a dealer today and secure a zero drive off @ $686/month on a $68k MSRP X5 (even a 5k mile loaner). Just my take on it.

2 Likes

Folks,

If it’s a good deal, it may transfer. If it’s not, then chances are it won’t. Let’s not keep ripping on it.

Bottom line is the amount DAS is high but the effective monthly is consistent with current deals on on MY2020s. That’s enough for prospectives to think about if they’re considering assuming this lease.

GLWT

3 Likes

@ZZAutoDeals appreciate the detailed response and couldnt agree more. Ironically, there were several takers over the past 2 months but my Lease transfer couldn’t be initiated with FS due to BMW not being able to attain a copy of the title due to closures at the local DMV’s and all interested parties didn’t want to wait further. I believe the monthly is competitive. LH crowd is a tough one for sure but I am simply updating my listing in accordance with SAL. With every car purchase one assumes the financial responsibility with it and Im ok with that.

@dukez definitely agree the DAS is on the higher side for some but there are also no MSDs . Folks are ok at times putting down msds knowing that they will get them back at the end of the term. That being said its still money you put upfront. I know this isnt the same because yes you can total the car and be out of the down payment but when you factor in the DAS over the lease duration it is fair. But I can definitely see where the hesitation can be for a lot of people and I understand that. Appreciate the feedback.
That being said, car is fantastic, and for the off chance that this doesnt move ( whether here or SAL) I have no problem keeping it.
That tanzanite blue II is :fire:

2 Likes

brokers at least in the north east are advertising loaners for about 1.5-2k cheaper similar msrp, just with MSDs. Also you are dealing with a dealer and not with an individual without a track record of performance. It’s always a greater risk to get take over a lease than to get a new one.

I agree they beat this topic to death, but this is exactly what I was saying in the other thread.

Effective should include das in the title and the first post.

I don’t see anything wrong with this deal but people can’t calculate monthly and see the 5k or $2.5k das and then we have endless banter, and then others chime in.

This should be something addressed in the format change, I would change the format myself if there was a way to edit it.

4 Likes

I hear you. It’s not necessarily that effective payment should be included in the title; rather, that it should be included in the body of the post. It is in the marketplace template, but OP chose not to include it in his post. Keep in mind, effective payment means different things to different people. Transfer fee, tax, date of transfer, etc will all affect the effective payment. People who are interested will have to just do a little bit of math.

But to keep things on-topic, let’s not have that discussion here :slight_smile:

The MSRP is high due to expensive exterior color, rather have the driving assistance and HK SOUND

I guess it just depends on what the buyer is looking for. I personally don’t care for driver assistance plus and think it’s a waste at $1,700. But if this car had that package, for example, instead of the $1,950 Tanzanite Blue, I don’t think that would change anything in terms of the overall “deal” the buyer is getting. That would be like me saying the MSRP is high due to an unnecessary driving assistance feature I’m never going to use rather than having a nicer color or upgraded leather. You happen to value DAP and HK, whereas I would value exterior color/interior leather upgrade. They both add $$ to the MSRP at the end of the day.

1 Like

One of these is not like the other.

$2k color option? Overpriced
$1700 for multiple safety features? Priced high but not too far out of the realm.

The biggest issue for me on this 68k build is no premium package, essentially $700/mo for no hud???

Again none of this any way the op’s fault, op found a deal and went with it. $527/mo for me personally would be able to stomach no hud, for $700/mo definitely not. But again that’s just personal preference.

Again like you mentioned comes down to personal choice towards the end. For me HUD isnt that crucial. Have had it on several other cars before and currently. I like it but its not a dealbreaker. Would like to have had HK on this for example. Love the color though. Is it overpriced? Probably. Is it worth it? Id say so. Makes me stare at the car and appreciate it everytime i look at it. Also havent seem another X5 with the same color so adds a bit of exclusivity.

Yeah like I said personal preference, inoc thinks dap is 100% necessary, I think at least premium pack is necessary, you like the color and don’t feel like dap or hud is necessary.

Different people weigh the various options differently. In the current market it’s hard to get an x5 @680/mo with 0 das so it’s price isn’t outrageous by any means.

1 Like

It all comes down to total lease cost vs upfront fees and monthly payment. End of the day this all goes down to factoring what the lease will end up costing you for the term. Some do one pay, some do down payments, others roll everything into the monthly. But at the end of the day it all factors into your lease cost

I said the total opposite — I think DAP is very unnecessary.

Yes, and you lowering the DAS 200/mo to keep the same effective monthly is a meaningless adjustment and bump to your topic. Others reduce DAS and bump their threads because they are lowering effectively monthly payment i.e. motivated to sell. I agree with Lazarus who said effective monthly payment should be listed clearly in title or first post. That way a buyer can see that it isn’t changing.

If I were a potential buyer I’d have less trust in this transfer. GLWT

its as unnecessary as blind-spot mirrors, cross-traffic detection, lane departure warnings, heated steering wheel in CA etc etc

1 Like

Meant inoc lol, typo!

Car is currently undergoing Stage 2.

1 Like