2019 BMW M550i Lease(special order) NJ

If you don’t have $9k, wait 7 months ($9,000/1400 monthly payment) and pay off the negative equity before leasing a m550i for $800-900s. Not sure any other scenario makes sense…

Yeah no one needs a 80k car. If you are buying it you should be able to max out MSDs and pay off all negative equity. If not, you are buying way too much car. For most people cars are a necessity. For very few are luxury cars a necessity.

As for hacking luxury cars, yes a 300 dollar 3 series is a great deal. But applying those same tactics to non luxury brands can yield similar deals i.e. your recent Elantra hack.

You mentioned gas and insurance, those are of course a little cheaper (gas) and much cheaper (insurance) in a non Luxury car.

Hey if BMW FS approves the lease whats to complain about. I dont care what a man does with his wallet.

Would I spend this money on car – hell naw – I would just use uber all day err day

Glad this has gotten so much buzz lmao. Negative equality is basically 2 cars old. Rolled some in when I financed the 535 I own now and it just grew via accidents and mileage.

I wanted to be clean and clear when this lease wasn’t up. The $9000 adds just under $300 per month by my math.

the reason to buy maintenance 2 is it includes full brake replacement for the life of the lease.

Why would I put down $10,000 I cash to cut out the negative equity when I could keep that money in the market and make money on it.

The case is that I began making a lot more money rapidly at a young age so had to clean up some old messes to get the car I wanted.

Car starts at $74k. Only thing I didn’t get basically is Bowers and Wilkins.

Gzzz yall are harsh… lettem live… he got money :money_with_wings:no need to wait around for some extra spectacular unicorn deal to roll around! Cp** post some pics when you get the car to stunt on’em playa

4 Likes

Yes the MF changed between March and April can’t remember which one I got. Figured I’d overshoot in case someone did the math.

Once you hit $900/mo+ payment – there are soooo many options

1 Like

All relative when you’re ordering a car custom. I had limited leverage, but couldn’t find one around with the color scheme I wanted and all the features. Didn’t want to pay a combined $1,400 for leather dash and parking package I don’t need!

Rather have driver assistance plus for that money.

I have about $20,000 in the bank and another $60k tired up in stocks I don’t want to sell. By my math the interest charge is about $18 a month on my negative.

Would rather pay that and keep my money in market. Plus, keep the liquid cash available I have for a potential life catastrophe or a repair needed at my rental property.

I’m young but my finances have become relatively complex in a short period.

There are some blizzard warnings in certain parts of the country right now. Between now and May there might be some chance of one of @joeblogs patented “Snowy off ramps” somewhere that could clear up the negative equity before taking delivery. Deal is also in NJ, any chance you are near Newark, Elizabeth, Paterson, Trenton, Camden, etc? Just saying…

4 Likes

Can we make this a tag on the forum going forward? It seems to pop up a lot.

3 Likes

:joy::joy: don’t tempt me!

$20k in liquid saving is very low. Also the market may correct itself at any point. if you are in your 20s – there are much better things to do with $1,200 a month

1 Like

With 20k in bank and 60k in stock market I still would not be blowing so much money in the car.
Market changes fast. It’s only paper money until you cash in.

2 Likes

:pray::pray: btw I shopped for 6 months. Even cars people has in stock, which weren’t exactly what I wanted, were all coming in around the same price.

I got everything I wanted for the best deal I could find given my situation.

Didn’t post here expecting a Medal of Honor tho lmao! Just posted so others could compare if they shopping for the same car or dealing with negative.

I’d get B&W if i were you

If I had a wife or a family or anyone to take care of but myself I would absolutely agree with you. But my risks are low rn. I can more than cover it with my job but wanted to keep the cash in case of emergency.

Btw I know this isn’t the smartest financial decision. You don’t buy an M550 for practicality lol you buy it because it’s a dope luxury rocket ship!