2019 BMW M2 Comp Deal Help

Hello, I have been wanting an M2 for sometime and I have been exploring leasing. The current numbers don’t seem like a “deal” and I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to make it better or if that’s just the way M2’s lease.

Here is the current offer:

He did tell me their buy rate was .000128, but I’m not sure if I could get them down to that.

The car was damaged unloading off the truck so the rear windshield had to be replaced and the paint fixed on the trunk, so they are discounting it 1500. I’m wondering I could negotiate more off MSRP?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

That’s barely any discount to begin with, and they marked the MF up from 0.00128 to 0.00168. M2s don’t lease well in the first place, but this deal is just bad.

Yeah…M2 lease poorly so one really really ***really***has to want the car to pursue one.

Is there anything you would suggest to try to make it better?

Or is this just what you have to accept when leasing an M2?

You aren’t going to get much in the way on incentives on this car (if any?) so your only option is getting base buy rate (base money factor) and haggling for a much larger discount off of MSRP. But, neither of those alone will ever make this model a “good” deal by LH standards. So, this simply has to be accepted if the car is really what you are looking for.

Finance it instead of leasing.

That’s def another option…but boy oh boy one has to have a serious love for this car for this kind of $ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I thought that may be the case. It doesn’t qualify for any incentives, and even I put down 7 MSDs the payment really didn’t change too much.

My thought was maybe I could get them to go down on the price a bit more due to the fact that it was damaged and had been sitting for a month.

If you really wanted an M2 and you were in my position would you buy it instead with a lease this poor?

I’d buy the M2 or lease an M4 for cheaper

invoice + base mf should drop your payment back to normal, still looking at 800-900 payment.

Marked up mf only makes sense when dealer is taking it up the @ss in the front end, like a huge discount off msrp and needs to make it on the backend.

Probably.

But, if it was me, Id pursue an M4 CS for less. Or, Id find a sweet 440 coupe deal with the various performance packages on it for likely 50% of the payment. It may be 90% of the car for half the price.

2 Likes

I did see the M4s do have some incentives. I will look into that a bit more. I couldn’t find a dealer in the area with one on the lot, but I will keep looking.

Don’t forget there’s a very very limited inventory on 2019 M4 CS now , and most of them are high MSRP vehicles. I doubt you will be able to find a unicorn like you saw on here :wink:

1 Like

Yeah…the window is closing (has closed?) on these cars it appears…….

The CS has crazy incentives, and did seem like a great deal (for a full M Car), but I called about insurance and it was $550 a month lol!

I’ll look into the 440. Thank you.

m4 window closed, most dealers want 1kish + but still better than what he’s getting on m2. I know I tried to get one for the sole purpose of flipping.

IMO, the 440 will be the best bang for the buck. You might even look into picking up a swap. @Electric may still have his for swap? It was a bad @$$ one with all kinds of M goodies on it.

550 a month is a ripoff, try different companies.

Thanks, if I went the financing route what price do you think I could negotiate it down to? I did find some credit unions with much better interest rates than the dealer so if I could get a bit off the price I was thinking that may be the way to go.