2019 BMW i8 Roadster - Loaded out with $175K+ MSRP

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 BMW i8 Roadster, Crystal White, Dalbergia Brown Leather, Tera World Dark ($2500 option), Icon Adaptive LED Laser Lights ($6300 option)

MSRP: $175,395
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $1126
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $1293 (w/$2000 down)

Current mileage: 9800
Maturity mileage: 22,507
Effective miles per month: 706
Maturity date: 6/29/2022

MSD due (if any): $8750
Cash due (if any): $2000
Incentive for new lessee (if any): N/A

Financial institution: BMW Financial
Transfer fee: $500 (I think)
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: Excellent. Under allotted miles per month. This is my wife’s car, so been babied. Under the avg mileage per month for the 7500/yr I purchased.

Comes with the BMW Ultimate Care Maintenance program that will last the term of the lease. Given the MSRP, you’ll see that this is probably as loaded of an i8 you can get.

Photos:
IMG_4528

IMG_4535 !

3 Likes

Nice FL car✔️. There usually isn’t too much Florida action on this board, so good to see something in the state👍

1 Like

Yeah, the deals in FL for cars like these seem to be less aggressive than the NE or CA, so I’m hoping it can work out for someone.

1 Like

FL dealers in general tend to be very unaggressive😩

I have one that is 5 miles from my house and out of all the BMWs I’ve had over the years, not a single one has come from there because they are so unwilling to play. I have a friend at another dealership in Fort Myers who I’ve gotten a few cars through over the years, and he told me that the percentage of folks that just walk in and pay cash for a new car was something like 30%. That certainly doesn’t help us LHers!

With the deals that were had in here at the height of the i8 craze, numbers most likely aren’t aggressive enough to trade here. Highly suggest you try Swap A Lease, Lease Trader and eBay in addition. Good luck with the transfer!

Very nice i8.

We definitely had lower payments, but IIRC the 600-900$ payments were on the lower MSRP, no?

Always good advice, especially here.

Good luck!

The super low payments $600-$700 were extreme hacks on coupes which in turn traded with lower stickers. But a coupe was easily attainable under $1000/month, and with decent searching in the $750-$850/month range.

Roadsters during their promo period were easily available under $1000/month. I passed on a roadster for just over $900/month at my local dealership because they wouldn’t break into the $8s. I didn’t need or particularly want the car but for $8xx I planned to drive for a few months and then transfer it. In theory could do the same at $9xx but I honestly don’t care for the car terribly and had several others. As a frame of reference, BMWUSAs website had the promo listed at $1299/month with a few thousand for CAP cost reduction.

i sold 19 of these on here last year. only base roadsters went high 8s, low 9s. you’re not correct.

3 Likes

175 is the highest possible sticker, yes.

1 Like

Oops deleted my post by accident instead of replying. I gather your response was to the other gentleman in this thread, my bad. I agree with the statement of sub $900/month being rare, I never got there sadly, although a few on here apparently did. That was my model for attempting to attain.

no my reply was to you lol.

the one person who got there on a roadster got one after my dildo-salesman client on it was too fat to get into it, the dealer panicked, thinking that flagship money on the i8s would disappear last December, and dropped their pants. and i got there on a coupe because i moved $3mm of carbon for that dealer.

8 Likes

So what I’m hearing from this is I should have taken the sub $9xx deal then? LOL!

1 Like

Thanks aronchi for setting people straight.

I have it listed on SAL, too. Talked to someone last night that said they are going to complete the credit app today. Seemed like a nice enough guy, not sure if he had an 800+ credit score, though.

From what I gather, there is a decent amount of interest in i8’s, especially the Roadsters. Most of the great deals, as aronchi stated, aren’t much, if any better, than this deal given the MSRP. And, a lot of those deals were 2 year leases back in the summer of 2019, so they’re not going to have much time left. Most of those deals were in the NE (which is where this car originated) and it’s hard to find any decent deals in Florida.

Add that they’re not making them any more means nobody is hacking one, so if someone wants an i8 Roadster, I think mine is going to be one of, if not the, best option out there.

If a hackr has true interest, I could work on the deposit a little bit. Quite honestly, if someone wanted to work it hard, there could probably be a little money to be made on this car with a swap. Or, if someone was comfortable putting it on Turo. I suggested that option to my wife and she wasn’t for other people driving ‘her car’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your wife sounds awesome! Best of luck with the transfer my friend and happy holidays!

You should easily make money on this in Florida. Easily.

I had 8 people apply for my roadster $174k Msrp. 2 approved. One backed out stage 2 and wasted a month. I’m at stage 2 again

$5000 down plus $6650 msds on $871/mo+tax.

13 months and 625 miles per month left. Yours should sell easily in sofla on swapalease. Finding a credit worthy applicant might be tough.

1 Like

Yeah, the person from SAL wasn’t approved yesterday.

Thanks for the reference point. Looks like your effective monthly and what I’m trying to get are almost identical and I have a bit more miles/month. Glad to hear that it’s as competitive as I thought it would be. Any chance you could pull your SAL listing :slight_smile:

In the meantime, my wife will continue to drive it. She likes the vehicle, so it’s not a big deal if it takes a little time. I figured getting something firmed up and in the process before the holidays would be unlikely, too.

1 Like

Not until my deal goes through. Still in stage 2!

I had a lot of high income people declined. Corporate lawyer, radiologist. They were very frustrated as they were never declined credit in the past they said. Good luck Bmw is going to collect some credit fees off these

1 Like

tell your applicants to bump income a little bit. bmw rarely asks for POI.

1 Like

Better way to put that is tell them to “expect” more income.

3 Likes