2019 BMW I8 Roadster Lease Takeover 21 Months / $817 monthly + $4000 DAS

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 BMW I8 Roadster

MSRP: 164k
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $817
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided):

Current mileage: 3200
Maturity mileage: 16,100
Effective miles per month: 650 miles (Miles are only 30 cents thereafter and cheaper if you buy them before end of lease.
Maturity date: 12/30/21

MSD due (if any): 0
Cash due (if any): $4000
Incentive for new lessee (if any):

Financial institution: BMW Financial
Transfer fee: $500
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): YES

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: Clean have had the car for 3 months and kept it in great shape.

Please call or text me with any questions!
818-224-8538. Georgio

1 Like

Not a bad effective payment. Slightly higher than recent deals but still in the same ballpark near $1,000/mo.

Interestingly, I still don’t know of a single person who’s completed their full lease term on the i8 yet. People really seem to get sick of this car so quickly. I’m curious what your reason is for transferring out? Just looking for something more practical that blends in a little better?

4 Likes

It’s a pretty awful payment when you factor in tax on top, DAS, transfer fee, at least 1 service, tires for only 21 months with 650 miles a month. That’s on top of the risk of taking over a vehicle with an MSRP of $160k+.

3 Likes

Pretty much just want to go back to a cheaper payment/ insurance. I’m not gonna be driving much at all. And just the amount of use is not justifying the payment.

1 Like

It does seem strange that so many people swap out of the I8

2 Likes

I got a feeling OP is selling because of the shelter in place order

5 Likes
  1. flashy
  2. impractical
  3. there’s money to be made on the lease swap market.

It doesn’t drive like a “supercar” because it’s not a supercar, it’s a sports car dressed up as a supercar… very good lease hack but not the best way to spend 150-180k on a car, there’s much better cars in that price range to finance.

I’ll add that I have driven the i8 coupe and roadster quite a few times but never leased it.

2 Likes

Trying to get this done ASAP. Will lower down payment to 4K. That should make it super competitive.

IMO I dont see this flying off the shelf (during these times) even without money down after tax, transfer fee and possible shipping cross country. Just saying.

3 Likes

Agreed. I think it’s going to be a tough sell for anything over $950 effective. Wish the OP best of luck in these trying times.

And then I saw the mileage allowance. Oof

I’d be interested if at some point you start offering an incentive.

I’m jk, i agree. This is basically a car version of Slickdeals. I didn’t think these people existed in real life until I served on jury duty. I have brain injury from bashing my head in.

2 Likes

Lol. You want a incentive to take over a 165k I8 roadster at $817 a month? lol :joy:

5 Likes

817 + tax and $4000 cash due to be fair.

But yeah, low ballers are coming.

1 Like

Give him some toilet paper bro he will take it that’s a good incentive.

1 Like

Much better cars in that range to finance- what comes to mind specifically?

amg gt coupe(variants), f type svr, z06, zr1, viper, vantage gts, even the m5 and e63 are better driving cars than the i8.

The list goes on and on there are 2 main reasons you see lease hacks on this “segment” of cars overproduction like the hellcats in 2017 or overpriced like the M3/M4 cs models. You could also add new generation change but look at the c7 Corvettes not a large amount of hacks on those because gm knew they will sell well regardless… so it ends up being one of the two main original reasons and in the i8’s case ovepriced.

I sincerely hope no one is financing an i8. You can buy an awfully nice 911 for that kind of money. I’d get a regular GT3.

Let’s stay on topic.

1 Like