2019 BMW i8 roadster $871/mo $173k msrp 21 months/650 miles per month $.30/mile overage

I really don’t want to get rid of this but the wife is 4 months pregnant so it’s not very practical once the baby comes. I bought this the week before i found out my wife was pregnant, awesome timing! I’m in no rush but would like to transfer by the end of summer. Just looking to get my msds back. I only got 7,500 miles per year bc it’s actually cheaper to buy miles at .30 then to prepay for them. Message me with any questions.

MSRP: 172,995
Monthly payment (pre-tax): 871
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): 871

Current mileage: 1790
Maturity mileage: 15288
Effective miles per month: 650
Maturity date: 1/24/22

MSD due (if any): 6650
Cash due (if any): 0
Incentive for new lessee (if any): 0

Financial institution: bmw financial
Transfer fee: 500
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: perfect like new

5 Likes

Didn’t BMWFS freeze all lease transfers?

I heard BMWFS halted all lease transfers during the pandemic. Did you check with them?

1 Like

Yes they’re frozen for now. I’m sure that’s not permanent. As I said I’m in no hurry

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, how much did the 6650 msds save you on the monthly?

1 Like

I don’t remember but Def getting over 10% return on the msds

3 Likes

BMW has currently paused transfers but will be having a meeting about that on April 20th. They said the hold up is because many DMVs are closed. I’m looking to transfer a vehicle myself so I got the details.

1 Like

I called they said same thing- however most dmv business can be done remotely or online now so not sure why we can’t do transfers :confused:

This is a great swap @Jrouleau426✔️

1 Like

I really don’t want to get rid of it. First of many sacrifices I will have to make for a child I’m sure

2 Likes

It’s only temporary… or maybe not :rofl:.
When the kid gets older and they can legally (and safely) sit in front, you can get the car you really want again :grin:

I read it’s legal to put a car seat in a 2 seater. But only if the airbag can be turned off. I can’t figure out if that’s possible in the i8

GLWS very nice I8, and VERY VERY nice payment for whoever takes it!

1 Like

Don’t you have like 5 cars? I specifically remember a 7 series…

There are supposed to be weight sensors that are supposed to automatically deactivate the passenger airbag if it doesn’t hit a weight threshold… but yeah, needs a lot more research. Every car and manufacturer is so different

1 Like

Nah I just get rid of cars often. Currently just 2. Stelvio with lease due in August and the i8. Got rid of the 740 when the i8 became so cheap

1 Like

I’ll have to talk to bmw and the wife about that one! I can’t find any info online or in the manual

Then have one utility car and one fun car, that is if i8 is fun, I heard different. You won’t take the baby to the doc in both cars.

It’s true, it’s a weight sensor that turns off the airbag if threshold isn’t met.

In NJ child seat is legal in the passenger front if there is no back seat

3 Likes

Are we really talking about a car seat in the i8?

The humanity! Don’t we love our future generations?

1 Like