2019 BMW i8 - $1183/month / $0 down / MSRP $164,295

Im 6’2 and own a 2015 I8 coupe, getting in and out is sort of a trip, but once in the ride is mega comfy, which is surreal for a performance BMW

3 Likes

I’m 6’4” and it isn’t ridiculous it is slightly a bother vs a normal car. All exotics are slightly a bother to get in (I am not calling the i8 an exotic just implying it looks like one). You want to see ridiculous try being this tall and getting in and out of a Lotus Exige (again not an exotic but looks like one) but it’s merely impossible to get in and out of if you are tall.

3 Likes

The i8 is very comfortable and probably the best quality/smoothest ride on any car that low which I’ve ever driven…and I’ve had many sports-cars in my lifetime. Even the M4 was more harsh. In and out is slight better than a mclaren to me…any car with the vertical doors and the carbon tub have the doorsill hump.

The hater guy above likely has some personal issues and should probably work on them rather than criticizing the OP’s reasoning for buying/selling any car. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Funny you mention the M4, i was expecting a ride similair to my M3 when i got my i8, it was a shock to me and my girl that it was closer to our wraith in terms of ride comofort.

My M4 didn’t have the dampering option so it was natural suspension vs a suspension that adjusts according to the road conditions. Many enthusiasts ordered the M4 with natural suspension for the sportiest handling possible- some lucky folks got the 1500 dampering option which maybe helped the car feel more “like a wraith”.

lol thats a joke, my 16 M3 had the natural suspension and its only setting was “stiff a/f”, my 18 has the adjustable and the softest “comfort” setting is anything but comfort, it is still WAY too stiff and the car has never been out of comfort mode except initially to see if it was truly possible to get even stiffer. Both cars have creaky body panels develop before 20k miles.

That’s terrible for such high end cars…

I agree- my M4 was terrible and a first year 435i I drove was also incredibly rough.

Interesting to hear your experience with the M3- and to compare against the other member who said his was like a RR. Although I do believe some of the later models feel smoother.

Back to the i8- incredible suspension in my opinion. Good luck with the transfer! Mines still up for transfer too.

I have a 19 440i (leased from a broker on here) and i have a tune and intake and exhuast on it and i prefer driving it to my 18 M3 9/10 times, and i know there is a 19 but id ont know if it had any suspension changes because even adjusted to full comfort my 18 is absolutely not what you would call smooth lol

And yes, I8, fantastic daily, mega comfortable.

I didn’t even even notice you got one:)

should have kept the m4cs :sob:

You would know you loved until tried something else to compare:)

The only thing appealing about the i8 is the monthly payment.

The car itself is a disappointment. The tires are interchangeable with a civic :wink:

$1200 isnt a payment anyone would call “appealing” unless it got you a great value which it does with the i8,

Not really sure if the tire comment is a positive one for low maintenance comment, or somehow a negative because it shares a tire size with another fuel efficient vehicle