2019 BMW i3 Lease numbers review

Team,

Stopped by dealership here in San Diego, for leasing 2019 BMW i3 (BEV) for 36/10k.

They quoted me numbers as shown in attached image. They are with,

• No Royalty
  • No OL
  • No Grad
  • Max MSDs
    (Since I don’t qualify for those).

Using edmunds MF and RV for 36/10k, I inputted them into Leasehackr calculator. It shows me $383 vs $439 as dealer quoted. I don’t understand where the $46 difference coming from.

Can someone help me with here?

Calculator link:

This is terrible for a $48k i3. The money factor is probably inflated too.

1 Like

Thanks Michael. YEah, that could be a reason, since I asked for their MF/RV, but for some reason, they would not tell me. Anyways, I “didn’t” dropped the ball and came back without a car. Search continues!

@Bostoncarconcierge thanks for correction. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You didnt drop the ball.

If you signed that deal and came back with that car, you would have dropped the ball.

1 Like

You really want 11-12% off w base MF if you can get it.

1 Like

Horrible… just gather some more information and see what else is out there!

Which dealer? My experience, fwiw:

The BMW dealer in El Cajon is on drugs. Worst offer of all (MSRP minus trunk money), and there was zero interest in discussing anything reasonable. Looks like they still have nine 2018s in stock

Encinitas came close, but not close enough and they weren’t wavering on the max MF markup.

The dealer in Kearny Mesa seemed legit, but they ran out of the vehicle I wanted by the time I got to them.

I did consider a CPO of the same model from them, but the ones they had in stock had cognac interior, which is the same color as carrots you’d find in a diaper after they’ve been through an infant’s digestive system.

1 Like

You need to find out what MF the dealer is charging. If you put in a max marked up MF, you get pretty close to their numbers.

san diego dealer sucks. spoiled by rich sd buyers. try temecula or escondido.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s trunk money on the i3 unless it’s regional.

I was shopping for a different model. I was just offering data points on my experience with shopping area dealers.