2019 BMW 440i Lease please suggest

Hello Everyone. I’m new to this forum and first time trying to lease a car. I’m sorry if I’m not providing proper info or if I don’t understand stuff as I am new to this. But here’s the lease quote the BMW agent gave me:

This is a 2019 BMW 440i loaner vehicle with 4425 miles on it.

Monthly payment - 710.49

MSRP-$61100.00

Sale Price-$54462.88

Rebates-$4250.00

Money Factor-.00168 (this is based on your credit so it could be higher or lower once we get an application)

Residual-$33234.75

12k miles 36 months.

Due at Delivery consists of your first months payment, acquisition fee of $925.00 and taxes on rebates.= $1903.99.

Can you guys suggest a strategy to negotiate for this car. I haven’t yet started any negotiation. This info was provided on first contact with them. Thank you in advance.

Calculator with these numbers - leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=61100&sales_price=54462.88&months=36&mf=.00168&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=4250&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=54.39&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=9&demo_mileage=4425&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

That’s a total joke quote. Being new isn’t an excuse for not doing any research on what you’re posting about. Search the forums, there are tons of BMW threads and 4 series threads. On a 4 series demo you should be at least 15% off with base MF for it to be a ‘good deal’, personally I’d want a lot more.

Thread on how to negotiate:

3 Likes

They are not serious about wanting to sell this car. Look elsewhere.

If you dont get 15 years or higher in the calc you can do better.

Ask for 22% discount BEFORE incentives and base MF and $0 out of pocket. The quote you got is a joke, a Pacific BMW kind of quote.

Thanks for the reponses. @chrishs2000 I did look at some other 440i posts and their numbers were great compared to what I got. I didn’t know where to push them to lower the monthly. @Speedy, @mastergm I will do that. I will email them asking for more discount. Will report back on what I hear from them.

1 Like

Your pre incentive discount is much too low. Thats where to push.

emailed them asking this. Will report back once they respond.

Got a reply. They said they cant do that deep discount and did not even give a counter offer.

Where are you located? Are you willing to go out of state?

Yes I’m willing to out of state(around 300 mile radius). I’m from Pittsburgh. The dealer is from Ohio. This is a Manual Transmission car which are rare to find.

There’s your problem. Some dealers think manual transmission cars are worth their weight in gold. They are rare because nobody wants manuals anymore. They’ll most likely not negotiate further and sit on it until lease support is gone, in the hope someone will pay dearly for it. My advice is move on, and find a dealer that is willing to discount heavily on an undesirable car.

1 Like

Yes I think that’s what this dealer is expecting. Its been up for sale for almost 2 months now(according to cargurus). Will keep my search going. Thanks!

2 months isn’t that long for a car to be on a lot, for what it’s worth, but an effective $776/month payment for a $61k loaner car is laughable.

Are there any other manual 440is in your area? There were two others in the area when I was looking for my 6-speed, but I ended up traveling 3 hours out to pick mine up.

I see a few 440i’s but all of them are 2020 models. This is only 2019 model available. Is your car new or a loaner? Do you mind posting your lease details

2020s are leasing poorly with far fewer incentives. My car was a new 2019. People have gotten far better deals than mine, but I’m a sucker for options and had to pay the price.

I looked at your thread few days back. Car looks slick!! congrats on that deal man. Even I’m looking for something around that price range. The agent at this dealership didn’t feel friendly and it felt like she didn’t care about me asking for info about the car.