2019 BMW 430i Loaner, dealer BS?

Hi Lease Hackrs! You guys are absolutely awesome with what you’re doing and offer some incredibly good advice for this opaque industry. I am currently looking at a dealer who is not moving on the terms at all on a loaner and I wanted to get everyone’s advice, on whether or not this makes sense at all.

The argument made by that side is that bc this is autonation nation pricing (that can’t be moved?) on a BMW 430i former loaner with 32xx miles. Is this BS or is this just how that BMW Vegas operates?

The MSRP is 48,320
Sell Price: 41,777 13.5% discount
Rebates at $4,500
I have asked for max MSD and everything. If this dealer is not being reasonable at all I will consider a lease takeover. Will update with everything on the deal once I get a final quote.

If they aren’t budging then move on to another dealer. One way plane tickets are dirt cheap.

Dealer BS. If you are not happy with the deal move on to another dealer.

Henderson is it?

Def move on. 13.5% discount prior to incentives on a 2019 430 loaner is too low. A reasonable target on a car like that would be, at a minimum in the high teens and preferably 20%+.

Thoughts on this 430i Gran Coupe. I think I should be able to do better. As I am actually looking to lease two. MF at .000145 haven’t discussed MSD yet. Residual is 57%. Thanks in advance…

9% discount…Id move on. Is this a 2019?

Yes, to confirm it is a 2019.

If it were me, I would target a discount at least 2x what they are offering.

You might also consider a 24 month lease if that works for you. It may work out more favorably over the course of the lease (no tires, etc). With a larger discount it may also prove beneficial to waive the acquisition fee.

Awesome! I appreciate the insight.

Actually it’s BMW of Vegas not Henderson

Wow this is cool, I’ll pm you

Would you just ask them straight up to waive the acquisition fee?

Everyone has this option through BMW Financial. In exchange for waiving the $925 acquisition fee, they raise the money factor by 0.00050. This is many times beneficial to the lease but you have to calculate it on a case by case basis (i.e. do you save more by the loss of the $925 fee than you increase with the elevated MF). Most of the time it seems as though this approach works best with the 24 month leases that already have bottom feeder payments.

All I had to read was “auto nation”. Move on.

1 Like

Please do!

Autonation isn’t exactly lying when they say they won’t move on the price, but they aren’t exactly telling the truth either.

Their listed price doesn’t include incentives which not everyone is eligible and junk like that, but sometimes it includes one incentive or another. So their listed price may not apply to you.

If they aren’t hitting your number, then moving on is a good choice. I have occasionally had success with something like, “OK, I get that you can’t change the price in this negotiation. But if you all decide to lower the price next week, give me a call. I probably will have moved on, but maybe not.” And what do you know? Tomorrow they call and just happen to be lowering the price next week, and would love to give you first crack.

Doesn’t always happen, but worth a shot.

1 Like

I second that. Move on if it is Autonation. I couldn’t even complete a deal that we agreed on.