2019 Audi S5 Premium Plus Sportback - decent deal?

This is 2020202020202020202.

dealer add on trying to squeeze more profit

i’m not allowed to comment on Audi anymore, @gc2a won’t let me

Looks like just a 6.8%ish discount before the $1k rebate which is quite low even for Audi (the A5 is a less popular model, and has less rebates, but aim for at least 8-10% or more before the rebate)

Gonna agree with @305Hackr that the $500 in add-ons is just fluff

On the surface, this is a…rough deal since you’re paying $800/month effective, on a $60k car, at 7500 miles/yr

@305Hackr @g2ca can we all be friends please. Pretty please lol

1 Like

Thank you. Can you show me the 8.5% calculation? Yes, thought it was an OK deal, much better than the $5k drive off, and $799 initial… Atleast I did some work :slight_smile:

I think I’ll make one last push on this one, since we really want the particular car, and chalk it up to a good, not great deal. This particular vehicle is quite rare so not expecting a screaming deal… I also here this particular vehicle (and crappy MF) don’t make it the best lease deal.

Sell price divided by MSRP

Got it - thank you

Is it that hard to find in the SoCal market? Your deal will depend on your effort so if you expand your search radius, the chances of a better deal increase. Try to aim for an effective payment of $700ish (taking into account the weak rebate on this car and high MF). You can also consider MSDs to lower the payment.

It’s the color and option combo that’s rare. I’ve cast a net throughout all of California and only found a handful. If I can get discount to about 9% before rebates, I think we’ll pull the trigger…

The best part about putting the $5k down is if you total it, you lose it.

If you total the car you lose it… not likely

Ok I understand. So once you’re constrained by things like color/packages, you lose some bargaining power since your have fewer/no other units to use for competitive offers. Obviously this will limit your ability to get a better deal.

Consider putting that down payment towards MSDs instead.

Not a bad idea, i’ll pull that string - thanks for the thoughts. Yes, when purchasing for the wife, don’t always have all the options. Not going to be the screaming deal I got on my alfa romeo giulia… But I was flexible and looked around the country for months on that one…