2019 Audi A4 Lease

In a word: no. The car you’re targeting depreciates a lot, based on the residual you’re showing us. Since leasing is paying for the depreciation of the vehicle, your payments will be high on this car. I can’t tell you if 6.8 years is good for this car, but I can tell you that there are plenty of deals out there through the brokers on this forum with lower payments and higher scores for luxury cars.

I leased a 2017 FWD A4 before and now lease a 2019 A4 Quattro. I’ll never lease an Audi without Quattro again. In terms of driving dynamics there is a huge difference between the two trims even if you live in a dry climate like me. Right now Quattro has higher residual, better MF, and more rebates. That said it’s your choice.

With or without?

Garr, without.

Do you mind posting the deal you got?

I might go for the Quattro instead if it’s a better value.

Makes way more sense. Although I have a Q5 and from what I have read, most the time it’s actually in FWD. Not sure if the A4 uses the same system?

In normal driving condition you won’t probably feel any difference. But other cases i.e. sudden acceleration, winding road, wet weather, turning fast etc. you’ll definitely feel the difference. Most of the time I drive with ESC off (sports mode) + dynamic mode which might be another factor.

1 Like

I leased at the end of June and the MF, residual, and rebates have been changed since then. I also wanted some specific packages and options which bumped up MSRP to > 52k. Essentially I got 7k off + 2500 lease credit + 1500 loyalty + first month paid by Audi. I added Audi care which bumped up residual by 1%. Audi care + fees were rolled in monthly payment. Essentially it was $0 at sign and $555 (including 9.25% tax) for next 35 months for 12k mi/year.

Hi. I’m New. Was wondering if anyone can tell me how good/bad my existing lease is for a 2018 an A4 Quattro Premium Plus (fully loaded). I am 11 months in.

MSRP- 48990
Selling Price- 46490
Gross cap. cost -55048 (inc Audi Pure Protection Term, Lease-End, and Audi Care)
Cap. cost reduction 4434.27 [edit]
Adjusted cap. cost 50613.72 [edit]
RV (42 Mos.) 50.0%
696 at signing
12,000 miles/yr
Money factor?: …6056.23 “rent” charge
805.34 /mo inc. tax (39.26) (696.00 before extras)

For starters, you should be getting 13-14% off MSRP before any rebates are factored. Then you need to know the base money factor AFS uses before you sign. Dealers often mark it up for extra profit, so knowing the base MF will help you negotiate. The dealer cannot change the residual value, because that is set by the bank. The A4 has good rebates most months, so know what you qualify for in advance. All this info is available from the Edmunds Audi A4 lease forum. In short, you got crushed on your lease. You should be in the mid $500’s, not over $800

Here is the Edmunds forum for the 2018s. You can see what the numbers were for the month you signed your lease. Then use the Leasehackr calculator to crunch the numbers. But it may make you sick. Edmunds and Leasehackr are extremely helpful, but you need to check them before you lease. I got 13% off my 2019 A5 coupe, and did a factory order to get exactly what I wanted.

@ Shikakubu, in addition to what quattromike said, you especially got crushed by lease fee which is ~$144/mon which should have been < $20 provided you had top tier credit. Just as a comparison my lease fee ~$8.3/mon for .00012 MF. Next time if you still want to lease Audi, you might try for lease pull ahead program. I got 3 month pull-ahead program from Audi in June. Audi offers up to 6 month pull ahead some time.

Hi, This has been such a process for me and and a learning experience but I’m still unsure if this is okay but this is the best I can seem to do. I’m just so tired, i’ve been doing this for days and I’m still unsure if this is good. Probably going to say yes to it tomorrow but would love any thoughts… @chrishs2000 @StingerTT Thank you!

san francisco area
2019 Audi A4 quattro premium plus
MSRP: 50,715
discount: 7,000
sale price: 43,715
36/10,000
monthly payment 467 + 42tax = 509
$1,000 out the door
residual : 24,850
MF: .00031

total cash and rebates: 5,250 (4250 rebate, and 1,000 customer cash)
doc fee: 85
acquisition fee: 895
advanced payments: 509
total cap reduction: 4,740.58
due on delivery: 1,000

In CA you should consider adding Audi Care since it bumps RV 1%. Will pay for itself on the 2nd service. Also helpful if you go over your 30k miles since you would have to do a 3rd service. In CA you get some money back as well for services you don’t do.

Okay thank you. The one thing i’m really confused about is when I try and calculate myself or use the lease calculator the numbers dont match up…

Incentives are taxed and there is license fee. Based on your numbers I get this (I estimated $550 as license fee): leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Audi&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=50715&sales_price=43715&months=36&mf=.00031&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=895&taxed_inc=4250&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=49&reg_fee=550&sales_tax=9&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true. If I remove $517 from drive off and roll that into monthly I roughly land into your $509 monthly.

@quattromike @kaz5 Thanks to both of you for your help. Am I better off just waiting it out or buying out after a certain time? I don’t think I want to give this dealership my business again.

Is the selling price inclusive of the incentives? If so, they’re not giving you a strong discount.

This deal could be better. Decent MF, though. Consider adding audicare to bump the RV.

@StingerTT Yeah that selling price is inclusive of the rebate. I’ll ask about the Audicare - do you have any suggestions on how I can ask for this to be better at this point? I really appreciate the feedback. thank you

The A4 is a very common entry level luxury car. Ask for 11% dealer discount before incentives. Should get you an extra 2k in discount.

1 Like