2019 Altima numbers, FL

Year: 2019
Make, Model, and Trim: Nissan, Altima, SR
Months/Annual Mileage: 36/12k
Zip Code: 33323

current maxima lease is up in 4 months (4 payments left) Nissan will waive 2 months, so I am considering getting something now and try to negotiate other 2 payments with dealer.

There is nothing to negotiate on the last two payments. However the dealer sells it to you, they are rolling in the negative equity. Wait two more months.

Also, Altima lease is going to suck in all likelihood. I’ve heard they are leasing horrendously. How bad is your Maxima lease? Those lease poorly, too.

Look at an Infiniti Q50. It will probably be cheaper to lease than either.

Current maxima

36/12k
MSRP 34150
Sales Price 28844 (16% off)
Adquisition 595
Residual
Rebate 2750
MF 0.00003
Dealer Fee 899
Tag/registration/other 339
Drive off 0 (plus 700 to pay off previous lease - hyundai)

Monthly payment inc 6% tax $310.

My thoughts exactly. I’ve only ever heard/seen that Nissan typically leases very poorly, and I’m a big fan of Nissan (I’ve have had two of their Z cars). I ultimately switched to Infiniti. In terms of leasing, Infiniti is usually a mile ahead of Nissan.

Must be an S. I’m not even sure you can get an SV for that MSRP. The Maxima may be one where the base trims lease decent, but the higher ones (SL & Platinum) definitely dont from what I’ve seen.

It is an S, and it was still a good deal in my opinion. At the time, the S had everything I needed. I am considering Infiniti, and of the registered business brokers is going to be in contact with me in 2 months in case I do not do anything now. Thanks for the input!

Why would you switch from a Maxima to an Altima? Such a big difference between them.
I would recommend looking into another Maxima, or waiting for the Altima 2.0T.

Agreed that’s a pretty good deal and even a stripped Maxima is decently equipped with Navi, et al.

Don’t think you’ll find an well equipped Altima that cheap.

At the moment, it’s more budget friendly and better gas mileage (looking to possibly lower some bills). and I believe the trunk space is better than the Maxima (I have a 20 month old baby). I also did read the newer Maxima doesn’t lease as well as when I got mine which is why I would consider the Infiniti q50 if I end up keeping close or similar payments.

I had an Altima 2.5 before my Maxima, and it got worse mpg than my Maxima. I average around 34mpg and get 544-570 miles on one tank. Payment is the same as the Altima I had. Day and night difference…unless you get the Altima 2.0T, which are very quick also.

Thank you for the feedback. I think it has to d with the individual. My wife had 3 altimas before my Maxima, and she had a significantly better gas mileage than me. Not to mentione the 4 cyl engine doesn’t need premium gas whereas is preferrend for your V6 maxima engine which adds another cost. It is true that her altima had less features than my base maxima, but it was functional for her at the time and the payments were also lower. I, personally, like the looks of the new altima, and Iusually use my car to/from day care and work. Having a toddler has stopped me from flooring as much (LOL), so I don’t know if going to the slower vehicle might be so bad. We have an SUV that we use for all other driving. Just pictured this, my maxima only has 17k miles, and its due in 4 months!