2019 Acura ILX - Just an overpriced Civic?

From Edmunds:
The '19 ILX is based on the Civic, but it’s based on the last-generation version. The current Honda Civic is light-years ahead of the old car in terms of drivability, technology and quality. It’s an excellent choice for a small car, and it offers more backseat room than the ILX. The new Civic’s optional turbo engine is also much punchier around town and more fuel-efficient to boot.

1 Like

Not sure about Chicagoland area, but here in SoCal, other good compact sedan choices that lease reasonably well are: 2020 Corolla SE, Forte, Mazda3, Jetta. All are newer designs and pretty decent vehicles. While I’m a big Honda/Acura fan (have had a Legend, TSX, a few Preludes, and currently have an RSX Type S), for a 3-year lease, it’s not like the reliability and long-term durability is much of a factor.

And, sadly, it’s not like Honda/Acura make exceptionally reliable cars anymore, either…

1 Like

I mean they’re not bad, but for effectively $322/month I’d rather spend my money on a nicer vehicle and brand with more cache.

While I won’t go as far as saying the ILX is top notch or ultra modern, Acura still has some cachet, and I’m not sure what other better emblems you can lease for 322/mo. At any rate, that’s a pretty subjective decision regardless.

Yes Acura does have some cache, but I mean depending on if that 322/month is including tax or not (also i know hes at 15K miles/year) a BMW X1 have been around $290/month

Volvo are leasing well in the north:

But it is a subjective argument, but Im not sure what kind of deal youre trying to work on a Civic, but down in Virginia dealers are advertising:

Might be able to use this as a reference.

It is. It’s an overpriced 2015 era Civic.

Cars from Hyundai and Kia are light years ahead

So the local Volvo dealer is offering a 36mo/10k lease for $239 a month with $4100 down.

That’s a great price but I don’t have that kind of money to put down up front. This makes it quite difficult. Any advice?

Don’t put any money down, roll the 4100 (roughly 114/mo) into the payment and negotiate their overall deal down to bring your costs down further.

1 Like

What vehicle? Also, did you check out the volvo spreadsheet?

Are they now? Maybe I should go try one. Didn’t consider them because they don’t look like they retain value

They retain value better than many luxury brands.

They dont lease especially great but you can get a $50 gift card for just driving one.

https://m.hyundaiusa.com/test-drive-offer/

1 Like

Who cares about retaining value when you’re leasing

3 Likes

What can I negotiate down?

Any advice on my predicament?

I want to lease with little to no money down and to keep my monthly payment around $300.

Is a Volvo the right car then? Or am I wasting my time?

The Honda was the right price but a terrible deal.

Acura isn’t great it seems…

Seriously doubt you’ll be able to get the Volvo for 300/mo with 0 down. You need all the numbers to negotiate, specifically sales price before incentives.

1 Like

You should be looking for a better deal in the civic segment

I’ve shopped around and the best quote I can get is $284 for a civic ex with $500 down.

Affordable? Yes.

But terrible lease numbers.

I’m very frustrated trying to find the right deal.

You can’t always have your cake and eat it too. The programs are the programs, and dealers all have their own strategies on discounting. You either cast a wider net, get fewer options on the car you want, look at something else, or settle on something you may not truly love but it fits your budget.

1 Like

Where are you located?