Monthly Payment: $775
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months:36
Annual Mileage:10000
MF:0.00272
Residual: 52
Incentives:0
Region: Texas

I’m happy about the sale price. However, the residual and MF boost up the monthly payment by too much. Was told that the high MF is due to low-interest rates for financing. Obviously this is not a good deal according to the 1 percent rule, but I would like to hear y’all’s opinions.

What does Edmunds forums say about MF, RV and incentives?

That discount is actually a lot smaller than you think it is, if Audi is still throwing trunk money on these cars

This isn’t a good deal, but it has nothing to do with the 1% rule

1 Like

What should I expect? This is my very first time looking at leases. I’ve seen in the forum that the MF should be around 0.000121, they didn’t have much info on RV. No dealer incentives and manufacturer’s incentive didn’t apply.

First time trying…honest have no clue where the discount should be

You need to post on the Edmunds forum and ask for this car in your zip, not just look at what others post.

1 Like

I did. 0.000121 was for my zipcode

1 Like

And they didn’t have the RV or incentive information?

Not the one that Ive looked at. I posted a new request just now.

Ask the dealer about tax credit, on top of other things mentioned above

Just as a comparison point for discounts:

I somehow doubt the MF is six decimals

That MF is insane… Even FCA and Kia dealers won’t do that…

Might have remember it wrong. The newest number from Edmunds: .00225 and 55%
,$7000 dealer marketing allowance, for lease or purchase

1 Like

any idea how to negotiate? or should I try another dealer?

I’d walk away from this dealer, and then spend some time doing a good bit more research before reaching out to another dealer. You want to know exactly what the vehicle should lease before talking to a dealer.

1 Like

If I am not mistaken Audi offers 0% financing for 72 months on 2019 cars. If the $7k rebate applies while using the 0% financing then you are better off financing it if you are dead set on getting the A5 Sportback. If any German sport sedan would do (technically the A5 Sportback is a liftback but I digress) then you can find better lease value in the BMW 3 series or Mercedes C class…

1 Like

Taking that $7k into account, the dealer is only giving you a discount of $2540. That is a measly 5% off MSRP on a 2019 model. Even for an Audi, that is awful.

Find another dealer and make them an offer. I would aim for between 12 - 15% off MSRP before the $7k market allowance, with buy rate MF. Also find out if a dealer is able give a tax credit. If you plan to pull the trigger within the next couple of weeks, then let dealers know you will sign ASAP if the deal meets the above requirements I have proposed.

Good luck.

1 Like

Run away from 2019 Audis, the MF is jacked up beyond Porsche levels and the residuals are rock bottom you’ll need at least +20% off MSRP in dealer contribution to score something worth posting on here.

Finance if you’re dead set on a 2019 Audi otherwise wait for summer sales on 2020s.

1 Like

E trons are the exception, but their residual kills anything without a decent dealer discount.

1 Like