2019/2020 Ford Fusion Energi lease- continuing prior topic

Resuming a closed discussion:

Thank you for all of the advice! I’ll give up on the 2018 for now.

For a 36mo/10,500 mile lease, with $0 down, here’s what I’ve gotten from Edmunds:

• 2019 - 0.10% APR, 33% RV, $9,257 lease cash
  • 2020 - 0.25% APR, 40% RV, $7,757 lease cash.
  • There’s also a $1,500 bonus, but not sure if it’s stackable.

Here’s a 2019 that I found - demo with 5000 miles, but still new. Is this a mistake, or am I being taken for a sucker? $358.62 is a RIDICULOUSLY HIGH monthly payment:

Leasehack calculator tells me $269/month, even using $37,950 as MSRP.
Energi’s have this weird window sticker that lists MSRP as “Total before savings”, then a $2K discount, and the subtotal is “Total MSRP”.

As a comparison, here’s an offer for a 2020, with no negotiation:

And a 2020 from a 3rd dealership:

What are your thoughts?

Wait, the 2019 has $17,000 in discounts? that’s what almost 45% off!?

I wouldn’t want to be paying anymore than your $269 calculation. You can get certified 2019 Titaniums for barely $16k in the SoCal area. They’re great value for a commuter car.

Your calculator link is pointing to a different Ford thread, and not a calc.

Secondly, is there a residual value hit on the loaner since it has 5k miles? I know little about Ford leases, but other captives make adjustments either by a dollar amount of the miles, a residual decrease or a combination of both.

The residual on the quote is 12,223.20, which works out to ~32.18% of MSRP.

Not sure what happened, but here’s the calculator link]

That specific 2019 is a service loaner/demo, with 5K miles on it.

1 Like

What a discount. I guess somebody really needs to move this unit.

Maybe get a more detailed breakdown on the dealer? From what I understand. There is a huge incentive from Ford on the Energi, which might outweigh the lower RV on the 2019.

Are any of the 2020s loaners?

People have gotten over $15k off on Bolts, maybe $17k or close to it(Premier) in January plus it has a decent residual. This residual stinks on this car. @BigCarpLilPond I’ll look at it in the Ally calculator when I have a minute, it uses apr’s

1 Like

yeah something is off with those numbers, you need a screenshot or lease sheet from their computer, not this BS customer sheet.

• I’m heading down to the dealer on Friday. I’ll share what I find out.
  • The Bolt is all electric. I’d rather have a plug-in. Here in Los Angeles, not enough chargers and too many EVs mean issues getting charged up.
  • I haven’t found any 2020 loaners yet.

Why not just ask them to email it?

Usually, rule of thumb is not to negotiate at the dealer.

1 Like

The Bolt has 258 range and unless you drive a ton it doesn’t need to be charged much. I only charge it at home once a week, L1 at work 40 hrs a week.

Just a follow-up on this long-dead discussion. I ended up leasing the 2019 loaner Energi, with 5K miles, for $300/month, including $500 wear/tear coverage, with TTL DAS (don’t remember the exact amount). I ordered a 23 PHEV Escape, it arrived 2 weeks ago, and they wanted $800/mo 36/10K lease. No thanks, so I bought out the Fusion, with 26K miles, for $12K+tax. I’ve had offers between $17K and $20K, and it cost me 23,800 total, so didn’t turn out so bad.

1 Like

Thank you for the update, but the thread should be closed by now.