2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Eyesight $294/month incl tax

Thanks! Can you private message me the sales person name?

1 Like

I contacted a local Subaru dealer about the 3.6R limited with Eyesight (MSRP $38,790) and unfortunately they were only willing to go to $35,380 on the sales price. (only 9% off MSRP). They claimed it was $500 below invoice (Iā€™ve been on here long enough to know that may not be true). Definitely worth the drive up to NorCal to save $100/month! Iā€™ll keep trying other dealers in the area.

Iā€™m still trying to get the hang of emailing dealers. For those of you experts out there, would you recommend just asking for their lowest sales price or would you say something like ā€œI have a friend that was able to get 16% off MSRP on such and such, would you be able to match that?ā€

Itā€™s true. Why donā€™t you just build the car on Edmunds and see for youself? See if you can find 2017 3.6, they had big discounts and $750 incentive last month.

I thought I remember reading before that invoice doesnā€™t really mean anything because thatā€™s not the price the dealerships pay. Iā€™ll look into the 2017, but Iā€™d be perfectly happy if I can get the 16% off MSRP on the 2018 :slight_smile:

Then why are you even talking about it? :thinking:

-shrug-. Just passing along the info I got from the dealer for whatever thatā€™s worth. :stuck_out_tongue:

Go by discount. My rule of thumb on Subaru was 1.5k under invoice. I saw 2017 3.6 advertised at 2.5k under

Thatā€™s probably a good rule of thumb, but still doesnā€™t beat the 16% others have gotten on here. If I canā€™t get the 16%, Iā€™ll definitely shoot for what your suggesting. Thanks for the input!

16% is anomaly and will not probably happen.

Youā€™re probably right. 16% really did seem ridiculously low, but Iā€™m willing to make the drive if it gets me there! 1500 off invoice would get me to 11% off MSRP and not quite at the 1% rule by my calculations.

If you want a Subaru, youā€™ll be around 1% anyway. Good deal will be slightly under.

I agree it was an anomaly. However, two Bay Area dealers would have done the price. Only one at the base MF, thatā€™s the one I went with.

Iā€™m pretty certain my deal was the only one at 16% off.

I thought Dan5.5 got around 16% as well?

Oh Iā€™m not sure. ā€¦

Post photos in trophy garage

1 Like

I did get 16 percent at Putnam. Probably a one time deal. They needed a to get to their quota for the month and were a few cars short on Sunday after thanksgiving.

I know at least one other LH member got within $100 or so of the deal I got from Serramonte Subaru. Keep it up!

who was your salesperson at serramonte?

Can you please pm me the dealer name, I am looking to lease a similar model. Thanks!