2018 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - A good deal?

Hello everyone,

I would welcome feedback on this deal for a Subaru Impreza Hatchback premium with eyesight and moonroof. For excellent credit and a zero down lease - this is where I’m at with a local dealer.
MSRP $25,679.00
Cap Reduced Price: $23,239.50
Money Factor: .00145 or 3.48 APR
Residual 64% on 10 K miles ($16434.00)
0 Down
CA tax 9.5%
$248 + tax (and change) for $271 a month.

Zero down or zero drive off…big difference!

That’s a good point. I just asked. It is a zero down payment. So the negotiated 9.5% off MSRP is the cap reduced price. I am not reducing that further.

They said no acquisition fee and just a $300 disposition fee at the end if I don’t lease again.

How does this deal look?

What neck of the woods are you in? And what’s the difference btw Impreza and Crosstrak, in your view?

I’m on the outskirts of LA. The Impreza hatchback is a little smaller than the Crosstrek. I liked them both. The vision out of the Impreza is superior. The Crosstrek has more clearance so for off trail or camping that would be nice but I’m not looking for that with this car purchase. I’m replacing a honda hybrid civic. The eyesight safety features were very nice and the car is quiet and comfortable.

You get about $1K under invoice. Don’t know if another $200-500 off is doable on Impreza. MF sucks.
If they “waived” acquisition fee - then they effectively just rolled it in Cap Cost

Yep the MF is not very good from the factory, I don’t see any way around that, but the residual is excellent. All things considered, I’m going to try for an extra $5 off a month and see if that works.

1 Like

Don’t go by $$/mo, go by amount off - try for $500 off sale price.

Agreed, that is the only place they can take it off. The money factor is factory set and the residual is set at 64% for 10K miles… So I guess that would be an extra discount of $180 off the cap price I already negotiated.

What’s the total amount due at signing?

$271 (my first 36 month payment that includes tax) plus DMV fees - no acquisition fee

I have an updated deal for a Subaru Impreza Hatchback Premium with eyesight no moonroof.
MSRP: $24,517.00
Sale Price: $22,555.00
Money Factor: .00130
Residual 62% on 12k miles
$648.29 drive off
$271.74 a month

This payment seems steep to me. I wonder if Impreza’s just don’t lease well. I recently got a 2.5i Outback Limited with Eyesight that was loaded for $294/month with taxes on 36/12k with about $750 drive off to cover first month and fees.

1 Like

Others getting 36-38k Outbacks for about $25 more. Just saying.

2 Likes

Yep. I’m one of them.

1 Like

Oh so I could get more bang for my buck on an outback?

Search for Outbacks. There were a few deals with 16% discount.

1 Like

Compared to the deal you posted, definitely.

Good luck!

1 Like

I’ve had two Impreza hatchbacks and now this Outback. Much prefer the Outback. It is a much better drive than the Impreza and the Limited is actually quite nice inside now.

1 Like