2018 Subaru Crosstrek Limited

Does this lease pricing sound fair? I’d greatly appreciate any input or advice, thanks!

MSRP: $31,583
Selling: $29,424
MF: 001300
Res Val: $19,581.00
Tax 6.75%
fees: $356.00
36 mths/15k

1st month: $750.38
then $404.67 MTH for 36 months

Wrong post location and you don’t even include what car it is.

Sorry, new here, where do I post this?
The car is a 2018 Subaru Crosstrek Limited

Moved…

20 characters

Absolutely not.

Where are you located?

2 Likes

Location is OH 45202

OK - so it looks like they’re rolling in the taxes and then you’re paying doc fee, first month, and tags upfront. Right?

If I put all of that into the LeaseMatic app (I only use this because it’ll let me choose what gets capped), I come up with $380/month and $736 at signing. That is using your sale price, 6.75 tax, and the fees you provided.

I think they are marking up the money factor on you, but maybe not telling you - if I use a money factor of .00175, my numbers match yours almost exactly.

So, you should do the following:
(1) Ask for more discount. I think 10-12% is a reasonable target - we are approaching end of model year. Right now you’re only getting about 7%.

(2) Make sure you are getting the buy rate of .00130.

Good luck!

1 Like

@28firefighter a massive upfront thank you to you for taking the time to respond and break this down. I will suggest your approach and report back.

Absolutely. Needing 15k miles a year definitely hurts in terms of the residual, but better to pay for it now if you need it.

Also, don’t be afraid to shop outside of Cinci if you have the time to make the drive. Lots of great Subaru dealers in Columbus and up in Cleveland that you can contact via email. I had great experiences with both Ganley Subaru in Cleveland and Hatfield Subaru in Columbus - though I don’t remember how competitive they were price wise. Can’t hurt to check.

Yes, thank you. Inventory has been the issue…

The non limited models lease better and better discounts. I have a limited and know they have been having some issues on the led headlight production and possibly some other things so they don’t have a lot of them out there.

I do think that’s a bit high though for some reason. Should be more around $380.

Also what color are you after?

Hmmm, good to know… I wasn’t aware of the headlight issue. White. My intention was to have the full package for driving enjoyment, plus a stronger residual / resale package come the end of the lease. I also prefer the front ascetics of the LED headlight.

Headlight issue is in manufacturing. You won’t see a bad one make it on lots. They got really good qc.

Oh, well, that makes sense.

I had a 2017 Crosstrek Limited (without moon, nav or eyesight), I tried to get a loaded 2018 Crosstrek Limited with moon, nav, eyesight, but I could not get the payments low enough to move forward on the 2018 Crosstrek after shopping for a couple of months. I received quotes mostly around $350-365/m with 10K or 12K/36. I did not need the ground clearance since I am in LA, so I went with the loaded 2018 Impreza Limited (about $1000 less MSRP) instead of the Crosstrek. On May 31, I was able to get my sales price to 11% off MSRP and payment to $233 plus tax per month with $800 drive offs (I also had a $500 off Loyalty coupon). I love the car and the lower price. My insurance actually went down when I replaced the Crosstrek with the Impreza (probably the Eyesight). I think you will be happy with either one. Stay firm - over $400 is too much.

1 Like

Honestly crosstrek is way better than Impreza…

1 Like

It’s a lease who cares about resale

Thanks for sharing. It’s funny, I was awaiting the dealer to do his thing with finance department - you know that whole saga, and jumped in a fully loaded 2018 Impreza and loved it - the issue however for me is I’m 6”5 and getting in and out what geriatric at best. In addition , I teach skiing professionally in the winter months so the clearance is a bonus.

1 Like

Good point. I figured it would help if I decided to purchase them resale privately at a later date, it’s obscene how these little hatchbacks hold there value.

This is what I got “I can agree to the following only; MSRP: $31,583 2018 Crosstrek Limited Package 23 White w/Black interior. (JRE WH3 BLC) 36 month lease / 15K per year. $380 per month includes tax. $736 Due at signing $500 deposit”

This wasn’t the complete package I wanted. So it’s back to the drawing board.

It seems Crosstreks are such hot sellers that dealers are not to motivated to make a deal. I’m a fighter, so I’ll get what I want at the price I want it.

Does anyone on this forum have experience / advise on negotiating a lease for car you order from the manufacturer? Again, so grateful for all comments!