2018 S90 T5 Momentum AWD

Since I see a lot of Volvo posts here so decided to give it a try myself on a 2018 S90 T5 Momentum AWD - 36/12k:

**MSRP 56,395
**Selling price: $41,994
**Administrative fee: $399
**Capitalized Taxes: $1,166
**Acquisition fee: $995
**Gross capitalized cost: $44,577
**Residual 52%
**Money Factor is .00074
**Miles on the vehicle are roughly 7,600
**Residual value: $27,804
**DAS: $0
**Monthly: $518.90

Here is what I found from Edmunds on this trim:
**MF is 0.00028 and RV 52%
**$2500 VCFS Lease Bonus
**$5000 Volvo Allowance

Is this considered to be a good deal for this trim in Volvo?

No, especially on a high mileage loaner. Read @mani_is_kool’s offers.

1 Like

Thanks @Ursus
@mani_is_kool I would love to get one of those T5’s but your deals say ‘FL Only’? What in your expert opinion can I do to make this deal sweet?

I doubt you can. Don’t know where to start - marked up MF and acquisition fee, you didn’t specify the term (though it is 36/15 based on the numbers from Edmunds) and your location, not enough discount, you don’t know your local incentives and just took whatever you saw on Edmunds (I guess?)…

Sorry about that! I edited the original post, its 36/12k. I am in IL and this is in KS (out of state) because I can’t find enough S90’s in IL for some reason. Should I aim for $40,500 selling price and buy rate MF? I’m pretty sure they won’t give me the acquisition fee without marking it up since this is a loaner

Yes, sorry I meant 12K. Try a broker - @ralphsaphony is in your area. There is too much to work on with this loaner, you can get a better deal than that. And high mileage on top of it - it adds extra $1,500 to your lease cost.

1 Like

I’ll reach out to @ralphsaphony and see if I can get a good deal. Thank you for your help @Ursus !

1 Like

Hi @sm1177. Dealer will only do out of state leases if client is available in person to sign documents. They will not fedex.
As per your deal, unit has a lot of miles. Trying finding a unit with under 4k miles or 5k max.

I have your profile saved for December when I’m planning on getting a new lease lol are you a broker, or just work for a dealer?

Hopefully the Volvo deals are going strong in December still.

Docusign!

Sure. programs will be very different from now.

Most dealers don’t want to do it because of fraud and identity theft,

Volvo Car Financial requires docs signed without an authorized witness to be notarized. No big deal.

Yes but dealership have there own rules which Volvo financial cant force them to change. If a dealer isnt comfortable doing it, no use.

Of course. A dealer should be motivated to move an S90. Making a customer come in is often just so F&I can take a run at you and make some back end.

Im in SFL bud, where dealers hardly have motivation to get rid of anything lol. They know of one leaves, 2 more will walk in for the same car. Specially now with lesser 2018s left.

Glad we don’t have the “L” in SFL!

Doesn’t look like a good deal. Questions:

• what does the car have to have for color combinations and options?
  • does IL capitalize taxes?
  • do you know if you (or anyone in your household) qualifies for A-Plan?

I’d love to help you out but like you said the S90 inventory is thin!

Especially in our neck of the wood (IL) all my preferred Volvo dealers are out of S90’s, I’ll keep an eye out though!

2 Likes

Here we go again… It is a loaner, no a-plan. If he was talking about S90 lease in general, it would have been a different story.

1 Like