2018 Q5 Prestige Lease CA Bay Area

, ,

Helping my Mom lease a Q5 Prestige trim (never deal with Audi before), spoke to a salesperson after asking for minimum drive off quote and was sent the above.

This payment seems awfully high, realized they’ve marked up the MF which I will ask them to revise to .00147 before doing anything. Also the Adj cap cost is little over 1k higher than what I expected. Got 50k on TrueCar.

Anything else I could toy with to bring the payment down with minimum drive off’s? MSD’s didn’t help, minimal savings for a lot of money out of pocket. I’m also thinking to get this done at a Socal dealer that might be more aggressive.

That’s so bad as to be forgotten. Try another dealer.

One of the worst offers imaginable on a $55k car.

Ok, let’s try and break down this monthly payment into its components:

Depreciation:

The net cap cost is $52,720 after adding in all of the other stuff.

The residual is $27,755 so the depreciation is ($52,720 - $27,755) = $24,965.25

Dividing that by 36 months gets us to $693.48.

Finance Charges

$52,570 + $27,755 * 0.00165 = $132.78 per month ($4,780.23 over 36 months)

Taxes

Depreciation + Finance Charges * Tax Rate

($24,965.25 + $4,780.23) * 8.25% = $2,454 or $68.17 per month.

Adding up each of those:

$693.48 + $132.78 + $68.17 = $894.43. You can’t control the tax rate but the other two are pretty bad.

When it’s all said and done - your Net Cap is $52,720 on a car with a MSRP of $55,510, which comes out to a 5.03% discount off of MSRP.

Just for comparison, I am attaching a quote that I received after 1 conversation with a dealership for a Q5 last month when I was shopping around. The MSRP was $50,430 but the Net Cap to MSRP discount was 11.30%. Not great by any means but you can do much better than what you received. Obviously deals and rebates change from month to month but 5% off is not a great start.

Also as you mentioned, the MF is inflated and the residual seems really low at 50%. I was quoted 55% for 12k miles for a Prestige Plus, but these things are regional. Check with Edmunds.com on what the residual should be for that car in your area.

I would not share the quote you received with the next dealer you go to. I would mention that you’ve been shopping around and have been getting aggressive offers, but do not show them your numbers.

Best of luck!

No such thing as Prestige Plus. Your RV was for Premium Plus, which is few points higher than Prestige. Most good Audi leases are at the Premium Plus trim

Not a good deal sorry! the MF is way too high!