2018 Pathfinder SV-first quote

I got a new bonus cash offer from USAA, so I decided to take a another look at the Pathfinder. I didn’t have much luck 2 months ago, with some crazy quotes (like $420/mo on an SV with no options).

This is for a 2018 Pathfinder SV AWD with the Technology package and Cold Weather Package, in pearl white (premium paint). 36/12

MSRP: $38,785
Sale Price: $36,488
Incentives: $2625 NMAC lease cash, $1250 bonus cash, $750 recent college grad, $1000 USAA member bonus cash ($5625 total)
MF: .00003
RV: 51%

Their first quote without any negotiating is $395/mo with $0 DAS, or $351/mo with $1433 up front for taxes/tags.

I can’t get the calculator to match exactly with the way DE does taxes (4.25% sales tax due up front, then 2% on the monthly payment), but this seems to be close.

That sales price is currently 6% off MSRP before incentives, do you think I could get a bit more off that?

And before I get 10 responses telling me to look at the QX60 instead, I’ve already contacted @aronchi to see if I can get any of those great deals in my area, but I’m still looking at my other options while I wait to hear back.

Your discount is laughable compared to other Pathfinder deals

That’s what I figured. I’m just trying to figure out what to ask for, maybe shoot for 10%?

Doesn’t the QX60 lease better?

Unless I’m mistaken on the base options , I think a loaded pathfinder has more “options” then a base qx60? Could be totally wrong tho

I think the QX60 deals depend a lot on the incentives available where you live, and the MSD’s.

This SV I’m looking at has the tech and cold weather package with the intelligent cruise, blind spot, and nav, and heated everything, so it has a little more than the base QX60.

A lof of nissan discount is reflected in the rebates though. The deal he has isn’t awful. The qx60 isn’t as good of an option in DE b/c region is missing the $1k lease incentive that NY region has

I love dealer math…I think they’re just trying to play some games in an attempt to confuse me now (and I’m working nights and not sleeping enough, so it might be working).

I asked them if they could cut a little more of the sale price, playing with the calculator here it looked like another $500 off would drop the monthly around $15. They came back that if I put $1500 down, they could do $339/mo including taxes/fees.

Before that they were at $351 if I paid the $1433 taxes/fees up front. Why is putting money down lowering it so much more than if I just paid the taxes up front? Is there some kind of shuffle that I’m probably missing that will cost me more later?

I found one offer online for $259 with $0 down… Not $0 drive-off. Unfortunately it expired in October… I emailed my local dealer and they gave me the run around in terms of matching it)

https://www.bridgewaternissan.com/lease-finance-specials/ (deal is at bottom of page)

MSRP $34,115. Stk#6697 Vin# JC655534 Model #25018. 2 or more at the price. 36 month lease with $0 down plus taxes, $349 security, $449 doc fees, $595 acquisition fee, $403 DMV Fees. Lease customers must be at credit tier level 3 or better to qualify for lease pricing. Lease for$259/Total payments $9,324/Selling Price $32,099. Must finance through NMAC. May Qualify for the Following: $500 Nissan Loyalty if qual. $500 Recent College Grad if qual – See Dealer for Details. Offers cannot be combined. Offer ends 10/31/18.

That’s on the S trim with over $3000 due for fees and taxes. Not anywhere near a good deal.

I got a few quotes in NY in October - best I got on the last SV on the lot was $338/mo 36k/12 with $1000 down (tax/bank rolled in). MSRP was similar, but for rebates I didn’t have grad or USAA, but had lease conquest ($1,500 I think). I was trying to get closer to $300/mo, but couldn’t get any lower so passed. Car sold, so wasn’t able to see November #'s.

Do you guys think this is a good deal?

No MSD in NY, so Pathfinder made more sense than QX60

So it’s $42,045 MSRP
Money Factor .00003
Residual 50% 21,022
Monthly $405
Total out of Pocket $573.

Sounds good to me, just want the hackr’s recommendation before signing.

Thanks

My best right now is that $339 including taxes and fees with $1500 down (still don’t know why it’s cheaper putting money down than it is paying taxes up front, but I’ll be trading in an old POS that might cover that amount).

That one is about an hour drive, I’m trying to use those numbers to get a better deal on 2 that are right here where I live.

Okay, another dealer came back with $325/month, $1500 down. This is the SV with Tech and All Weather packages. I still don’t know if it’s a hacker level deal, but I think I’m good with that for the amount of options on that car.

Deal is done. Maybe some of the expert hackers here could have done better, but I’m happy with the amount of car I’m getting for the price.

2018 Pathfinder SV 4x4, with Technology and All Weather packages, floor mats, rear bumper protector, in pearl white (premium paint).

MSRP $39,035, sale price of $35,198, $5625 in rebates, and $1500 down ($700 trade in for my old Saturn, $800 cash)

Monthly ended up at $323 with tax for 36/12.

Zero down plus taxes… Which could be about 1500 bucks. That’s about $42 added to the lease payment if you don’t pay that. On top of those other fees you have in bold.

The difference on a Nissan lease going from 12,000 miles to 15,000 mi is about 10 bucks a month.

necropost?

Spot on with the added $$/mo for inception capped, and I could only wish BMW were $10/mo more for 15K! Much closer to $30-40/mo.

1 Like

RIP 2018-2023.

My lease ended in November 2021 with only around 30,000 miles thanks to driving my wife’s car during the lockdown. Bought it at lease end for $20,000 because nothing else was available and at least I knew how this car had been treated the past few years.

Wrecked it last week, just over 54,000 miles, and insurance paid me $22,000.

I didn’t love it, but I never hated it. It did everything I asked it to with no issues and no major expenses outside of regular maintenance. And it crashed very gently, have to give Nissan credit for making safe cars.

Glad you’re safe, what happened?