2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA AMG Lease

Hm, so $42,340 total over four years. Doesn’t seem like a great deal for a car you can purchase for $58,000.

2 Likes

You could get a low end M3/M4 for that money, especially in SoCal

Thanks for the quick responses guys, I really appreciate it. Now that y’al have put it into perspective, you’re right not a good deal unless I can further negotiate which won’t be easy. I’ll look elsewhere for a better deal if I can find one and will post on here

In the meantime, what are your guys thoughts on ordering and leasing a C43? Or leasing an in-stock C43? This is plan B and C respectively.

If you’re looking for a more performance orientated sedan you won’t find many people suggesting the CLA platform. The problem is the C Class is better designed, and is often available for the same or similar payments.

Unfortunately none of the AMG or AMG light models lease well. I used to have a GLC43, but you’ll pay around $800p/m for a C43 even with a good deal.

Depends what you’re looking for. Are you looking for a really good deal on a sporty sedan, the best bang for your buck for a certain price per month, or the best sporty Merc for that price range? Alfa Giulia is one of the best sporty sedan for $4-500p/m from a driving perspective and deals are fairly easy to get. A low optioned M3 will be a similar cost to a C43 and is a far better car.

I’m not a fan of BMW so they are out of the question. I’m more in line with the sportiness look and performance of MB which is why I would like to get an AMG. I agree the C-Class is better designed which is why its my first choice (sorry for confusion on the original CLA posting I made, it was just an inquiry I made for one). My only gripe about the C-Class is the iPad-looking screen that is just mounted there in the interior, which is why I had in mind to order a 2019 and lease it.

To answer your question, I’m looking for sport exterior and performance, with not too cheap looking interior. I have been looking at the S3, S4, S5 as well so some opinions on those will help as well.

I was getting deja-vu from this conversation, there was an almost identical discussion here: 2018 MB C43 AMG Coupe Deal - Yay or Nay? (coupe instead of sedan though). As a performance enthusiast I don’t get the “I don’t like brand x” thing when they offer a much better car for the same kind of money, but it’s your money.

From what I’ve read the S4 can be leased for decent money, I think in the $600’s p/m from what I remember. Have a search as there’s been a couple of more recent threads. Email @IvanAudi as he’ll be the easiest way to a good deal here for an Audi in Cali.

You mentioned custom ordering before as an option. You won’t get anywhere near the normal discount on any custom order compared to one that’s already on the car lot, so will be a question of whether you prefer a bespoke vehicle or a really good deal.

“800p/m for a C43 even with a good deal.”

Sorry to say sir, but no, no, no. $800 for a C43. My god…

“A low optioned M3 will be a similar cost to a C43 and is a far better car.”

What in the actual fuuu-dgemelon? … M3’s come out to like 200+ per month than a C43. But I guess u are the type of guy who leases a GLC43 for $800/month and think its a good deal so I don’t know where u get these numbers bruh

The sedan c43 can be had in the 500s, especially with the 2019 refresh models hitting dealers. The coupes are a tougher nut to crack, more like 700s/800s.

And there’s been numerous C43 lease transfers in the 550 range

I brought up an M3 because the OP had a quote for $800+ on a CLA43 so if he’s ok with a CLA at that price most people would be delighted to have an M3 for a similar payment. Secondly, there hasn’t been that many competitive C43 deals here (as most people here are going for C300’s) and the ones I had seen tended to require high MSDs to bring the price down, which muddies the financial waters.

Who said anything about what I was paying on my old GLC43? Why would anyone compare a 2017 GLC43 leased in Texas to a prospective 2018 C43 lease in SoCal? It’s a different model year, state, taxes, market segment. I mentioned it as it has the same drivetrain and so can give 1st hand experience.