2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA AMG Lease

Sorry I’m not following, are you saying with $10k down you can get an S4 for in the $600s a month?

No, should be for less. A 36 month Prestige lease could be more difficult, the RV goes down on the Prestige and MSRP can get into the mid $60k. A Premium plus would be in $500s with no problem. The other thing, MD and VA both tax you on the full the purchase price, and DC has a 10% tax on payments. So $4-5k of his down payment is going to taxes and fees in VA or MD.

1 Like

From another dealership in town which located a 2017 CLA45 for me. Much better than the last dealership. Plan on looking at a S4 later tonight and plug in those numbers.

MSRP- $59005
Selling Price- $51774
Down payment- $0
36 months/10k yr.
52% Residual
.00029 MF
Maintenance plan included
Taxes, fees, first payment paid upfront
$615 payments

Just my opinion, but I think an S4 is a far better car than a CLA45 and you should be able to get one for $600 with minimal down. I would sell your car separately

Check on Edmunds for the money factor, the proposed rate seems to be padded but they can confirm. If it is, push for more discount and put your trade in dollars towards maximum MSDs, no cap cost reductions.

I’ve thought about it but I save tax with the trade-in. Saving $1800 in taxes helps out.

I did. The money factor was .00019 so not too much of a mark up. I’ll ask about the MSDs and see where that drops the price. Thanks!

Well then you know what you need to do, they are giving you a meager discount and marking you up to top it off. Something has to give.

How much off MSRP should I request off? It’s a little over 12%.

Don’t think you have much room to negotiate the selling price. AMG’s generally don’t have big discounts.

AMGs are tough but if you want it I’d go in person, shoot for 15% at least and buy rate on the MF. Take your trade in to pay for the max MSDs and your drive offs, pocket the rest. If they won’t move, just leave. $600+ a month for a CLA is just not worth it.

Sounds good. I’ll give it a try. If not, I’ll go with the S4.

I wouldn’t even compare the CLA45 with the S4. S4 is on a whole other level, if you can get it for the same price as the CLA go for the S4

Actually I went with the S4 because the MF and residual value was much better. With that, I put less down towards taxes and fees and a cheaper payment.

So you ended up leasing an S4 instead? Care to share the numbers?

Yeah of course! Here’s the numbers. I feel like I got them to drop the price enough since the S4 seems to be in high demand. I can see deals for the S5 in the future. A lot of Audi dealerships around me had 25-30 S5 in stock.

2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus
MSRP- $61,150
Sale Price- $55000
Doc Fee: $299
Acq Fee: $895
Residual: 59% (It’s usually 58% but get an additional 1% for Audi Care)
MF: .00065
Adjusted capitalized cost: $55,526.77
Military Rebate: $500
Security Deposit: $0
Lease Period: 36 months
Miles : 12,000 miles/yr
Down : $5000 (Paying fees, taxes, and Audi Care/Total Care upfront)
Tax: $1533 (Saved 1800 in taxes with a trade-in)
Monthly payment : $599.77 (includes MD sales tax of 6%)
Zip Code: 20877

I had 11k in equity in my previous vehicle and pocket 6k to put towards a house.

Opinion on whether its possible to do a single pay 36mo/10k lease on a CLA45 (or GLA45) for under $20,000?

Cheers

If the mf is already really low, as indicated previously in this thread, than one paying won’t make much difference, nor would it be worth it.

When I leased my s5 three years ago, I briefly looked at a cla45, and the leases were dirt cheap. Doesn’t look like they’re as good now, and the advice in this thread has been excellent- an Audi s4 leases similar to a cla45 and you’re getting significantly more for your money.

On the topic of the CLA 45 AMG, I just came back from my local dealership here in Southern California and was given this deal. Please help me out as much as you guys can as I am new to this forum AND financing/leasing topic:

2018 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
MSRP: $65790
Sale Price: $58000
Lease Period: 48 Months
Miles: 12K/yr
Drive-off: $2860 (something along this range, don’t remember the exact number)
Monthly payment: $840

That’s over $40,000 to lease it over 4 years. You’d be better off financing it with those number. You need to find out the rest of the numbers (incentives vs. dealer discount, money factor, fees, etc.).

1 Like