2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring offer thoughts

I’m trying to get into a discounted 2018 model before all of them are sold. A dealer in the northeast quoted me $354 SAD, just first payment and DMV at signing and they’re eating 4 of my current lease payments of $335 ($1340 total), do you guys think this is a good deal? The calculator is quoting me lower at $326, I think I can get the dealer to budge but not that much, could I have put in some info wrong? The selling price for the car is $25498

Here’s the link to the calculator: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Mazda&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=30290&sales_price=25498&months=36&mf=.00001&dp=0&dealer_fee=0&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=-1340&rebate=0&resP=55&reg_fee=185&sales_tax=8.625&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Any feedback or tips would be appreciated, I’m gonna call them back tomorrow.

They aren’t eating a single damn thing. They are rolling $37.22/month in negative equity into your lease.

Much better ways to spend $350/month than a Mazda, but others will disagree.

2 Likes

I shouldn’t have said “eating my payments”, I know they’re just rolling my leftover payments into my new lease, my dealer was pretty upfront about that.

My question is if I get them down to $326, which is what the calculator gives me (that includes the negative equity) would this be a good deal. Mind you this car is a 31k car, a 2019 would be quoted leasing around 400 SAD.

If you’re hellbent on a Mazda 6 GT, this isn’t a bad deal based on their current programs, especially if you’re rolling in neg equity.

Talked to the salesman today, turns out that selling price of $25498 included a Mazda financing rebate and isn’t applicable to a lease so the real lease price was $27,XXX and they wouldn’t budge. (Which is weird I would think they’d be eager to get rid of a 2018 model in May of 2019) This is why they quoted me $354, not $326.

The search continues…

Also, I’m not hellbent on a Mazda; if you or anyone here knows of a good lease offer for a midsize sedan with around 250hp for under 330 SAD, I’d love to hear it. I’ve boon looking at the 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T also but stock is extremely limited and 2019’s are too pricey.

Thanks for the help guys

Look at the market place especiallyy at the bmws less than 300 p/mo

Subaru Outback could be another option if you’re looking for lease less than 300 per month

The outback doesn’t really fit my requirements (sedan and performance) but I’ll keep scouring the marketplace. So far I can’t really find anything under 330 when accounting for tax and converting to a Sign and Drive but something my pop up eventually.

Thanks again for all the help!

Look at the Sonata deal that was just posted.