2018 Lincoln Navigator Reserve

If you are planning on buying the vehicle, this would ensure all maintenance and keeping it pristine would be done for the lease period. It even includes wear items.

Thanks! In your experience will dealers match X-Plan pricing as a negotiation if you don’t have a PIN and are not a member? From what i’ve read it looks like you have to be a member for 60 days. I don’t mind joining and waiting but wondered if they honor pricing as negotiation.

What value would you put on the 4 year / 50,000 mile premium maintenance plan? I don’t really rent many cars so that perk would be wasted on me. All models receive the complimentary pickup/drop off for service with loaner correct? Do you have to be within 30 (or 50 miles of dealership for this?)

For car washing - do you drop off and wait or will they pickup and drop back off?

On fords it’s easy. On lincoln not so much. On a brand new model don’t expect them to come close. Navigator has never been a high stock item and usually only gets huge discounts for clearing the old models. Ford gives them some extra money that if they price match they wouldn’t get.

As far as washes I always just got them when the car went in for some type of service. I’m almost a hour away from my dealer.

But as I said. My dealer took my email that showed renewal for xplan and all went fine. Was maybe 6 days old. Ford gets to sell a massively expensive vehicle and still makes a ton.

In your opinion is the likely best deal on the 2018 Navigator the X Plan pricing or is it worth negotiating and keeping that in my back pocket? I just joined EAA.

Can’t hurt to try. But my local dealer is pretty willing to cut prices and I know they wouldn’t even come close to what you get on that since it’s so new and hard to get. You may even have a dealer that wants to make more than they do on xplan and turn you down. They are out there. Most of the old models you see being cleared out I’m only seeing 3.5-4K off and that could include incentives.

If the plan (seems like a good plan in this case) is to buy the vehicle at lease end, this particualar maintenance plan is worth a lot since it would cover wear items as well. You know the used vehicle you are purchasing has been maintained at the best level possible.

Good point @adamcar. So if leasing a black label would there be no point in anything other than a 48 month lease if the goal is to have lowest RV at buyout (and best chance at market value being more than or at least comparable to RV)?

You can always attempt to negotiate the lease buyout after 47-48 months. Some Volt owners successfully did this when market value was way below RV. I seem to rememeber $17K RV being negotaiated down to about $13k buyout since that was around auction price/

Anyone have any new info on this thread? I’m headed to check out a Black Label that should arrive on dealer lot within the next week. I’m also debating a factory order on the Reserve trim.

Thanks

The only thing I have to add is that one of the articles which showed up in my phone internet feed was bow Lincoln was having no trouble selling 90k SUVs and most clients were having yo order them because they couldn’t keep them in lots. Also, if you have access to MS Reserved living and giving they have a 1500 cash offer for the Navigator.

What is MS Reserved living? How do I gain access?

I joined EAA and received my member card for X Plan pricing.

You need to have over $1Million in an investment account at Morgan Stanley, have paid >$10,000 in investment fees in the last 12 months or be related yo someone who meets those qualifications. That gives you access to the Morgan Stanley living and giving portal.

They also mention a $750 bonus on Ford which I know I have received from expressing interest in buying a Ford, so this 1500 may be more easily attainable than through the MS portal.

Thanks for the info. I’m an RIA myself - no MS accounts.

Here is the MS vebiage: https://msreserved.com/pages/lincoln

Here is a thread on how to get Ford private cash:
http://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/ford-private-cash-offer/

I have done that twice before for Ford and it’s worked, once received paper coupon, once there was an entry in their Vincent system.

1 Like

A friend of mine operates a chain of fast food restaurants, I’m not sure which discount program they are on but as owner/operator he got his Black Label which stickered at just over 100k for 86k. My Yukon Denali doesn’t hold a candle to his car, not does the Cadillac, at least for the interior.

Most reviews I have read agree the Navigator is the new American luxury standard full size SUV and GM needs to play catch up. Lincoln is really improving, especially in after the sale perks.

Every review I’ve seen says basically the only nicer suv than the new navigator is the Bentley suv

We just took in a 2018 Navigator Reserve trade with about 3800 miles. The seats are really nice. The huge pano roof made me chuckle. I like it.

Where do you work? I’d like to apply

I’m dreaming of the navigator but it seems like it’s still too expense. Would probably have to settle on a qx80 or Escalade