2018 Lexus RX350L - $50k MSRP, $414+tax/month, $0 drive-off / SOCAL

Robokop,

Well, again this is SoCal, so we have a lot of dealers to choose from in the area. I had two other dealers agree to an even better price for a near-identical car, but the color was the dealbreaker for me. I paid a few bucks more to get the color I wanted.

My process is as follows:

1. Find the car you want
  2. Inquire at dealer #1 about the car over email. Ask them specifically for their best purchase price for a lease. Be clear that you want to see a breakdown of all inputs (residual, MF, incentives) and fees up front. A lot of dealers will try to get you to come into the store to see all of this, but be firm and ask for it in writing over email. Tell them you are willing to buy today (very important, they need to know you’re a serious buyer and worth the effort)
  3. Shop this quote around to any other local dealers who have the same car you’re looking for.
  4. Repeat until you get the best price. You’ll know you’re getting close when dealers start turning down your offers.

Lease/buy cash in Seattle is only $1,500.

Anyone else get hit with “Aftermarkets” with Lexus?
LoJack + Mats + scratch proofing around door handles = $1,873 “non-negotiable”. I didn’t sign the deal.

Nope! That’s a dealer thing. Good move walking away from that

1 Like

Just say NO and walk away from these kind of shenanigans

1 Like

Let me guess - Lexus of Bellevue? It blows my mind that so many people buy or lease from them. They make you pay 100% for all these extras that you don’t need so You will end up paying 50 bucks per month more. Lexus of Seattle is not much better but at least they don’t force you to pay for LoJack.

Thanks all. Yup, Lexus of Bellevue. Will stay away from them.

Cool. And this does give you the third row seats I assume. If you don’t have a lot of miles to drive, sounds very decent and very good negotiating.

got them to drop the charge for everything but lo-jack.
My 2012 IS350 has something like lo-jack included (if its stolen the police and locate it via VIN through something in the blackbox).
When i asked why you needed lo-jack in a Lexus since that functionality is already included the sales guy was good enough to start talking about “if we acquired one for you from another lot we would not install these”

Firm no on these extras or have them discount the car by the same amount.

1 Like

They told me the same thing about the LoJack. Unfortunately even without the LoJack their discounts are pathetic. I test drove a 62K f sport last month and they told me they had a special going on and they could offer 1500 off that weekend only. I use them to test drive cars but don’t waste my time asking for quotes.

1 Like