2018 Leaf S Lease

Nissan website listed a deal on the basic S model $229/Month and top end SL $355/Month with $3,979 initial payment but that excludes taxes, license, and title.

Today, I took a test drive and liked the car. The initial quote, I got on SV (MSRP around $36K, which is higher than S but lower than SL) was ridiculous, I think they quoted around $650 with $1000 down. Later they presented me with a new quote for S - $357/month with 0 payment. The MSRP is $32,845. does this offer look good?

$357 0 down seems pretty good compared to prices I’ve been getting in Southern California.

Price will probably come down over time.

What’s that discount they offered you at $4379?

Its manufacturing discount

I understand you like the car, but is it really worth it?
Did you look how much it will be if you finance the car with this numbers? Rebates could be different, but still it seems to be close.
Looking at the Bolt or Volt pricing this just does not add up imo.

This is just my view. The competition is heating up, a lot of manufacturers in the market want to make the electric car so I think we can expect to see a lot of changes in the next few years with respect to the price/battery/technology etc. Given that, I thought, it’s better to lease the electric car.

where do you guys think is the sweet spot for Leaf S?

I haven’t checked Bolt/Volt prices. I will browse around.

"$357 0 down seems pretty good compared to prices I’ve been getting in Southern California.

Price will probably come down over time."

That’s why.
The car is just been redesigned with longer range to boot. You can’t expect them to discount and/or incentivize the leases in this circumstances. Best leases are usually on the last before redesign model year if the RV supports it of course.
You can get a BMW I3 for a lot less than this IMO, just search in this forum.

What dealer offered you the $357 0 down?

Georgia, Near Alpharetta

With the Bolt and Model 3 picking up this year, Nissan will have a tough time to sell a car with significantly lower range. I anticipate prices to come down later this year.

1 Like

Chevy Bolt quoted me for $320, 0 down.

it’s a far better car compare to the nissan leaf

1 Like

The bolt is a much better car. Just a little funny looking, imo.

Yeah, looks wise, I liked new leaf compared to Bolt. If I get a better deal on Bolt, why not :smile: I know Bolt gives more mileage than the leaf. Other than that, are there any other compelling features to consider Bolt?

the leaf is the ugliest looking. hands down. the bug eye headlights and the rear looks like the rear of a Damiana bottle.

Look is irrelevant point of discussion because some people liked and still like the Aztec. I should have driven the new Leaf, but I was reluctant because the “old” one felt too low to the ground for me and had bunch of blind spots.
The Bolt was high up and had excellent visibility but seat, although I consider myself “slightly” overweight :slight_smile: felt uncomfortable even on a short ride, but I also have a bad back.
Nissan used to offer some kind of free charging deal, not sure if it’s still available.
If you drive or possibly will drive more than the Leaf’s maximum range, consider availability of DC charging stations. Bolt unlikely to need that, a big plus IMO.

I’m very interested in the 2018 Leaf too. I test drove one at a dealer near me, but they want top dollar for them, as they are so new.

I looked at the Bolt as well, but the dealers near me aren’t interested in making deals on them, asking MSRP, or very small amounts off of MSRP.

I’ve decided to wait until the summer or fall. I understand they are going to have a longer range version at some point (late this year? Early next?) You might be able to deal with them more at that point.

Where did you get offered a Bolt for $320/month with zero down? Anywhere near the southeast?

1 Like

I test drove one that was already sold at my local Nissan dealer the other day. The prices right now are just ridiculous on a lease. They don’t even have any cars to sell and really aren’t even sure about the pricing at all. It’s a nice car for $200/mo or less on a lease (factoring in all the incentives), but no higher than that.

Yea… I was quoted a higher lease payment than purchase payment, both north of $500 for a 2018 Leaf SV with the tech package. And it doesn’t help that the dealer added his $2K package of useless add-ons to the car.

If it were in the $200 - $250 range, I’d probably have one in the driveway now.

I am also interested in the 2018 Leaf, base model with quick charger and was quoted ~$450 with $2K down. That is in Arizona where we have no state incentives other than a low vehicle property tax and ~9.5% sales tax. I am currently driving a 2015 Leaf S also with quick charger that was $250 with 2K down. At that price the Leaf is not an option…

I leased 2018 Leaf S with quick charger last week - 36 months/15k per year, $308/month including everything, $500 down that includes first month’s payment, loyalty discount + VPP, also waived $100 in excess wear and disposition fee for my previous lease. This is in San Jose, CA.

2 Likes