2018 Leaf S Lease

What is VPP? and does it come with 2 or 3 years of free fast charging?

thanks for the info. does it include tax?

2 yrs of nissan free charge. Vpp is if you work for a company that participates in vehicle purchase plan discount.

Yes. It includes tax, fee, dmv etc.

Nissan is giving additional discounts on 2018 LEAF in May. If you are looking for a LEAF try to get it this month.

what additional discount?

The best 2018 Leaf deal I’ve heard. Do you mind sharing the information of dealership in San Jose ?

Rumor is that next year the Leaf will be refreshed again with a bigger battery with active cooling, so maybe we will see some great deals on the 2018 models soon.

One thing to consider is the top trim of Leaf has ProPilot, which is Nissan’s version of the Tesla Autopilot, but is arguably smoother and better. A nice feature to have if you’re doing lots of time in traffic. The Bolt does not have this.

What discounts you are referring to? I can see about $4xxx lease cash right now only. Nissan even don’t pass the $7500 federal credit

how much are we talking about?

Smoother and better according to who? Have you ever driven both?

Below is the Lease offer on LEAF S with quick charge I got in San Francisco area.

$0 Down, $700 drive off $295 + tax with 12k miles.

Please let me know are there any better deals going on LEAF in NorCal?

I signed my 36 months lease for Model SV in Raleigh area for $315 . 12k per year. $0 down

Don’t underestimate the additional range on the Bolt. I’m in Georgia as well - things are pretty far apart here, and often times you drive at highway speeds (reducing effective miles for the trip). On the leaf with ‘114’ mile range, I’d effectively get ~60-70 miles w/ AC running and going at highway speeds. I’ve heard the bolt actually does get realistically above 200 miles per charge. That’s a HUGE difference.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Don’t underestimate the additional range. On the leaf, even the current one, you’d be hard-pressed to drive round-trip from Alpharetta to Athens and back (UGA game day). On the Leaf we drove, it was impossible - we had to charge our Leaf while in Athens or we wouldn’t be able to drive back … one time we got to Athens and the charger was out of service … that was not a fun day. :wink:

Got it at Leith Nissan, Cary.
I had gone to buy-out my 2015 Model S on which they offered additional discount of $1300 over residual to make it 10k and out of the door 11K.
At that time, I told them, if they could lease me a new one for $300, I will switch. And as long as they meet my price, I dont care which one they pull out of inventory.
To my surprise, they gave me a nice Bright Silver colored SV( as they did not have any S in stock) but for $315.
They somehow baked in 1K as trade-in value for my old Lease return to meet this number.
Great dealership.
I am seeing 172 miles on an almost full charge. Very happy with it so far!

2 Likes

Wow, I initially though you had Tesla Model S and they are offering the buyout of 10K. I was like “What?”.

Anyway, enjoy your Model SV. How do you think is the max range if you turn on AC and drive high-way speed ?

I was given a qoute in Massachucetts 299(including 6.25% sales tax) with 1000 total out of pocket on S with Charge Package

And I still think I can work about 20 bucks off of that payment

Note to self, a 2018 Nissan Leaf (with the newer larger capacity battery) looks like a decent purchase opportunity in 2021 in the $10K range.

A BOLT dealer can easily match or beat that on a base BOLT LT. Did you try shopping for one? Fewer rebates but higher residual lol

my goal is not to lease every three years but to keep it after the lease.