2018 Infiniti Q50 Sport - $415 Inc. Tax, $0.00 DAS, 39/12k, 25% Off

First time actually working a deal. I know I left the doc. fee and some registration fees on the table, but am happy with the deal. Any feedback from the pros for my next go-around?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Sport RWD
Packages: Essentials, Sensory, Performance + Dealer Installs

MSRP: $51,075
Selling Price: $38,250.57
Monthly Payment: $415.81, Includes 6% Tax
Cash Due at Signing: $0.00
MSD: 0
Incentives: VPP

Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 12K
MF: 0.00003
Residual: 47%

Region: South Florida
Leasehackr Score: 10.6 Years

Saved Numbers on Leasehackr Calculator: https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=INFINITI&msrp=51075&sales_price=38250.57&months=39&mf=.00003&dp=0&doc_fee=999&acq_fee=700&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=1695.83&rebate=0&resP=47&reg_fee=493.39&sales_tax=6&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0

So this is something we don’t talk about as much on here, but what is your conversation like to negotiate a 25% off-the-top sale price? What dealerships are you looking for; what do you say to the car salesman, etc?

As a city-dweller, I can imagine walking in looking for a lease and getting laughed out the door.

I’d love a separate thread on what to look for (as far as ripe conditions for a sweet deal) and how to have the conversation to get a huge MSRP discount like this - all while knowing you want to lease (as opposed to buy).

Search the forum for variations of ‘how to negotiate’ and ‘how to get actual quotes’

1 Like

You have to keep in mind that, in this instance, we are talking about a Q50. A dealer is already going to knock at 15%, maybe even closer to 20%, right off the bat.

The real sweet spot is the Hybrid. The discounts can be huge on those and I think the residual is the best amongst all the trims. I’ve negotiated two Q50s and might do a third. Walk in the park compared to a lot of other cars.

Thanks - that’s something I have picked up on this forum - it’s much more about what cars lease well/get big discounts than it is about negotiating on a car you want.

So let me ask you this - you clearly knew the Q50 has this reputation - other than this forum, where do you look to identify makes/models that lease well or get huge discounts?