2018 Infiniti Q50 deal?

I am currently negotiating a 2018 Infiniti Q50 3.0t AWD deal in NY and looking for your opinions on whether this is a good deal? MSRP $45,000, $0 down, Selling price $37,288, 12k miles, 39 months. Calculates to be $388/month including tax. This would include the essential package (navigation, splash guards, weather mats). Any thoughts?

There’s currently no data available about the average paid from the 2018 model year.

Hello There:

This is a generic copy + paste answer to your question about how I can get a better deal.

SELL PRICE SELL PRICE SELL PRICE.

Remember that dealers make money based on the following. (Sell price + Incentives + Holdback (look it up for each car sold the dealer gets around 2% MSRP) + Volume Discount (secret ask someone on the inside)) - (INVOICE). Check out the wiki for sites on what other people have paid including NADAguides. Again, that’s (Sell price + Incentives + Holdback + Volume Discount) - (INVOICE)= Profit.

For dealer holdback numbers: https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/24

Which sites do you use to do research? (Updated 07/22/17) [Library]

INCENTIVES

These are programs made by corporate to give to dealers so they have more room to discount cars. Autobytel has lists for each make and model. However, make sure you are eligible before barging into the dealer demanding the moon. DO not let the dealer factor this into the sell price discount. They get reimbursed for incentives.

MONEY FACTOR

This is the bank’s profit, or in other words, interest. Go to edmunds (again info on wiki) to find the BASE MF for your vehicle. Dealers will sometimes mark up the interest and pocket the difference. This is where Edmunds comes in. Don’t get got.

MSDs.

Many carmakers allow REFUNDABLE MSD (multiple security deposits) to lower your MF aka interest. MSDs are simply monthly payments paid up at the beginning of the lease and refunded at the end of the lease. No questions asked even if the car is totaled (assuming insurance pays off the rest of the lease).

Fees

Look up the lease acquisition fee for your brand and other user’s average standard doc fees. Acquistions fees may be marked up so for example: MB’s base acquisition fee is $795. Many dealers mark this up to $1095 which you then have to call them out on.

In terms of doc fees, for example NJ is usually ~$499 and Florida can get up to ~$1000. Remember doc fees are sometimes the finance manager’s cut so they can be negotiable. However, lease acquisition costs are usually not, but why not ask?

From what a couple of dealers have quoted me on a 2017 q50 3.0 with similar msrp i think that is a good deal. I was in the $500 a month range.

Best I’ve seen on here for 3.0 with nav 2017 was 308/mo 0 down 10k miles. So prolly low 320s with 12k. Packages are a bit different on the 18s and incentives might not be as much yet. Not a bad deal, might be able to do a little better.

For being this early in it’s not a bad deal. I’m waiting for the 2018 Red 400 currently.

1 Like

Thanks, they originally quoted us in that range and we were able to negotiate down to this number

Thanks for those numbers for comparison, we’ll try negotiating a bit more if possible

Ok thanks! Good luck on your deal as well

Appreciate your response, great information

You can do better on selling price. Look at my thread below where I got a car with 46600 sticker for $298 /mth with tax included for 39/12.

There is $6325 lease cash support on the 2017 Premium so you can ask around 8K off invoice with its weak residual now.

HN

This is a 2018. Lease support probably isn’t great yet.

The lease cash for 2018 is not published yet so I am not exactly sure about it but if the OP can live with a 2017 there is some healthy lease support.

Do you know if the lease cash for the 2018 is published yet? Where would you find it? Thank you!

HN308 do you think you can PM me dealer info since I am in the market for an 18 Q50 lease?

Thanks!

PM’d you the dealer info.