2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0L - $383 signed!

Apples and oranges. You’re comparing a top trim Accord to a base model 3 series. Now, if you were to compare the 1.5 T and the 320i n20 2.0, that’s more comparable.

I’m just about to pull the trigger on a 1.5t Sport (CVT) for my wife. Was going to lease, but taking a second look, I decided to finance it. Working to get the car for $22,500 (MSRP: $26,670) here in NJ. Most lease quotes were in the high 2’s-low 3’s for the monthly.

I’m comparing those models which have comparable lease rates. Where they fall in their respective model lines is irrelevant here.

Also, talk about apples and oranges… the ex-l and 330 are at least 10k apart in MSRP.

I test drove the 1.5t and was pleasantly suprised by the power. It wasn’t bad at all; wonder how it would fair against the 320i.

Accord leases continue to be absurd. Like Porsche, it appears you’re much better off buying an Accord. RV is good so if you decide to sell in 3-4 years, you should do well.

As someone mentioned below, as good as the Accord is, Honda has chosen to pursue sales rather than leases.

I drove both. The 1.5t is a MUCH better car than the 320i. The 320i is a low rent impersonation of a 3 series. The seat material sucks, there’s cheapness everywhere in the cabin and you’re paying at minimum 36k or so for that.

Contrast that with the Accord where better materials, more room, better tech and frankly a better drive are on offer. For A LOT less.

The difference is that the Accord lease pricing is silly while BMW needs to move their low rent 320i and often price it accordingly.

See what I did there? :joy:

1 Like

I feel like this is a debate as old as ‘space vs location’ for property.

Go larger, well equipped, far more reliable Asian brand ‘mid size’ or smaller, super basic, questionable reliability European. It’s the same in almost every segment really…I’m sure there are people out there who would love to drive a BMW X1 over a Toyota Highlander, even though the prices are comparable for leases, yet they’re completely different beasts. But we’re all getting a bit off topic.

To each their own.

I was at $420 including money DAS on $55K BMW 5 Series.

$372 all in on a $60K Lexus GX

$299 on a $54K BMW i3.

$375 on a $51K infiniti qx60

1 Like

Absolutely, “to each their own”. But fundamentally here is the key given the current situation, i.e. Honda offering virtually no lease support on Accords:

If you only drive 10-12k miles per year and want a new car every 3 years, DO NOT LEASE AN ACCORD. There are similar deals to be had on what most believe to be better cars. Or way better deals on comparable cars.

If you drive 15k+ miles per year and/or if you can see yourself owning long term, DO NOT LEASE AN ACCORD. BUY ONE. They are much cheaper to own in the long run. Discounts are so good right now that you will likely never be upside down on a purchase. Leasing makes almost no sense on this car unless you really have to have an Accord, and are really convinced you want one for exactly 36 months.

The common thread here is DO NOT LEASE AN ACCORD.

(Disclosure: I purchased a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT :joy:)

1 Like

It’s their money…what does it matter to everyone? If his heart was set on an Accord, and he’s willing to pay 383/mo to lease it, regardless of other cars out there and their lease support, who cares. The Accord fit all the checkboxes for them, and others didn’t.

Considering that the four of the first five words of my post were “to each their own”, I am not sure what this is based on, nor do I particularly care if he spends $383/mo on an Accord or an E-Class or hookers and blow.

But: He asked if it’s a good deal. No, it’s not a good deal, because it’s an Accord. There are no ‘good deals’ to be had on Accords for leasing. You’re just negotiating a selling price and making sure that RV/MF are correct (IMO he left at least $500 on the table, these cars are regularly going for $27,8-$28).

1 Like

you replied to this…nothing in here asked if “this was a good deal”

The OP asked in the very first post. This is a discussion forum for discussion, let’s not be pedantic.

LOL, if you say so. I’m not sure how my comment wasn’t part of the discussion, but whatever.

As usual it doesn’t really matter about the deal if the purchaser got a car they want for a price they were happy to pay. Everyone’s happy, including the dealer in most of those cases.

I do wonder if it’s just worth expanding out the ‘DO NOT LEASE AN ACCORD’ to do not lease a Honda?

We’ve seen that the Accord rarely leases well and I’ve yet to see a good Civic price. I’ve seen some threads here of people upside down on Pilot leases. The CR-V is nearly always significantly more than the equivalent RAV4 and the Clarity seems hit or miss. So what does lease well? The Fit maybe? – It seems Honda would just prefer you to buy which is fair enough I guess given their longevity.

I’m paying $215 tax inclusive $215 on my Civic EX. I got a great deal on a Civic lease. $500 student rebate and am pretty sure that the dealer took a loss in addition to low MF and decent residual value. Likely not a repeatable number unless in SoCal where civics are more popular than any other car.

When it comes to Accord - The OP got a great deal as of today. Relative to other brands is to their opinion. I’d rather have a 2.0 accord than a Mercedes CLA, C class or even any 3 series 4-cylinder BMW. The new Accord is sexy and that 2.0 engine is very powerful and fuel efficient. Peak torque is at like 1800rpm or something. The model the OP got is great. We’re talking genuine leather seats, LED headlights, Apple CarPlay, heated seats, 2.0 engine (V6 replacement), etc.

When it comes to leasing Hondas… they are pretty stingy when a new model comes out. Take CR-V. Really nasty leases when they first came out and they still aren’t that great to lease. However, the national lease on their website is now cheaper than an Accord. Eventually Accord lease will drop but it’ll take time. It’s a beautiful car that people want. So Honda’s gonna make some money on that higher MF/lease charge.

1 Like

Not sure where you get your numbers from. I looked at Honcker for 36/15k leases:

Lexus GX Lux - $670
Lexus GX Base - $520
BMW i3 – dont want electrical. It’s cheaply made, short range.
QX60 - No AppleCarPlay. Not relevant for me.
BMW 5 - Starts at $625.

If your numbers are correct, can you please give me a name of a dealer that can stand behind those numbers?

Since I’m the OP – I didn’t really ask if it’s a good deal or not… it’s more for other people who are out there and want to lease this car, and want to know how much someone else paid.

Anyway, so far no one has shown a single concrete deal on a 36/15k + first month DAS + CarPlay + adaptive cruise control + all the other safety features, nice torque engine, sedan/hatch for less than $400.

That’s before the personal taste discussion.

1 Like

You’re comparing apples to oranges by mixing up different classes of cars. You can’t compare a Japanese Honda to a German BMW or Mercedes.

Compare your car with equal car makes like Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai and so on, than you will realize the deal you got isn’t that great.

Read above…he didn’t ask for input on whether it was a good deal or not. It’s a reference point…nothing more, nothing less.

Again, who gives a shit if he leased it for 600/mo? Who cares if it’s not a “good deal” in your eyes. It’s his money + the car checked all the boxes.

This thread really has nowhere further to go as it’s nothing but opinion at this point that is not relevant to the OPs post.

1 Like