2018 Grand Cherokee with equity, sell it? Or wait?

Hey fellow hackrs -

I have a “what would you do” situation…

I currently have a 2018 Grand Cherokee High Altitude 4x2 gas and just reached my maturity date this past August 1st. However, I’ve extended my lease 6 more months until I figure out what I want to do with the vehicle. US Bank has been easy to do this and I can turn in or purchase at any time within. I really want to lease the GC L but I’m waiting to see if they have any rebates upcoming, so I can sell my 2018 and lease the 2021 L. As I know the L doesn’t lease good right now, so I’ve been trolling the market to see if they incentivize the L’s. Seems there’s a lot of them sitting on lots right now in SoCal market as I check the inventory daily. I feel that is a good measure if they’re selling right? Lol.

My question is, is the used car market still hot right now? Should I purchase my existing GC and flip it with all the positive equity and wait on the L’s rebates? Who would give me the highest price? Car max? Will I regret it if I keep the 2018 any longer? Decisions, decisions…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Positive equity and replacement options in the current market