2018 Civic Hatchback EX, SoCal - I can't make the lease math work

So what he’s telling you is he doesn’t want to sell you a car.

Haha! That’s pretty much what I’m feeling.

I’m tired of dealing with these obnoxious “sales associates”. I wish I could just get right to the fleet managers so that every lowly associate doesn’t feel like they need to whip their junk out and try to prove how much bigger it is.

Which Honda dealer is it so I can make sure not to go there.

I just went through this with an EX civic (four door auto) and got a decent deal (270 a month zero down and zero at signing) for my buddy’s brother in law. If you PM me I can send you the two dealerships I was working with. BTW, he first wanted a CIVIC SI but realized he cant use a stick shift (the quote we got was around $280 less tax but the 270 is with tax). I’m in San Diego and it seems that I get best deals here than LA for Toyota’s and Honda’ corollas and civics.

I hate to name shame because it could be the sales associate who is just difficult and not the dealership but so far working with Jose Velazquez has not be very productive. His “best” discount was only 4% off MSRP which I found surprising for the “#1 volume dealer in San Diego”. No thanks.

Would I be incorrect in assuming a higher volume dealer would be willing to discount more heavily? I’m finding that DCH in Temecula is really stingy with their discount also and they are supposedly a super high volume dealer too.

Yes, the salesperson is referring to dealer cash, which is “hidden” money vs a customer rebate or incentive. The dealer does not have to share any of the dealer cash with the buyer if they don’t want to.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me how the numbers on the National Lease special break out? I’m trying to figure out what part of the $2,199 ‘due at signing’ is down payment and what is customer cash so that I can negotiate the deal without down payment and know what my numbers should be.

My tax rate is 7.75% in case that’s needed.

Honda Lease details:
2018 Civic Hatchback Continuously Variable Transmission LX Featured Special Lease
$209 Per month for 36 months.
$2,199 total due at signing.
Expires 09/04/18

Includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, title and either dealer fees or documentary service fee. For well-qualified lessees.

Closed end lease for 2018 Civic Hatchback Continuously Variable Transmission LX (FK7H2JEW) available from July 6, 2018 through September 4, 2018, to well-qualified lessees approved by Honda Financial Services. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $21,845.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $18,794.37. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $7,524.00. Option to purchase at lease end $12,451.65. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by September 4, 2018. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, and 20¢/mile over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more. See your Honda dealer for complete details.

Forget the ad. Search the forum instead.

I’ve looked through the forums. The Civic LX Hatch is not an overly popular lease vehicle so there is not a lot of data I can use.

Down payment/customer cash, what’s the difference, it all comes out of your pocket. Take that number divided by the term and add it to the payment. So zero drive of on this would be $270/mo+tax. Not a very good deal in my opinion. Seems like there are nicer cars for the money. Oh and @Ursus will probably merge this with your original post.

1 Like

It’s not an overly popular lease vehicle because the leases on the Civic hatchback really suck, as your example demonstrates. You will spend less on an Infiniti Q30 hatchback than a stripped Civic. Knowing that, still interested in a Civic?

1 Like

What do QX30’s hack for? Haven’t seen any on here

There’s a few QX30 posts around. Have seen Sports ($40k sticker) get to around $300-310. Residual is weak but MF is nil and discounts are great.

I love the QX30, sans that last generation Mercedes-Benz interior. And the glass panoramic roof…it doesn’t open!

I basically wanted to know what part of the cap cost was Honda rebate/incentive money.

What did edmunds say? Looks like $800