2018 Chevy Equinox for my Parents - Please Help a Learning Newbie :)

I got an estimate back from my dealer here in Texas, but when I try to use the calculator from here I am not getting my numbers any closer to the one provided, what am I doing wrong?

For what it’s worth the Ingersoll, Ontario (Canada) Assembly plant that manufactures the 2018 Equinox went on strike yesterday. A small number of Equinox’s are manufactured in Mexico but that plant cannot put out the number of units that would typically sell this year.

The bottom line is that good deals on Equinox’s are likely to end in the very near future (the supply and demand thing) until the strike is settled and production is stabilized.

2 Likes

Glad I just leased an equinox over the weekend.

Well damn. I was planning on getting a Costco membership this week in anticipation of some more blowout Chevy deals this fall.

It’s just that one plant that went on strike. The supporting Ontario transmission plant then had to lay off some support people.

If you wanted some model other than the Equinox then the deals should whatever they were.

After calling many dealerships in NJ, the best quote I could get for a 2018 LT AWD with the convenience and confidence package was for $271 out the door. This is for 24 months / 10k miles. The quote included $4,250 in rebates (two 500 tags, conquest, ccr, and select market) as well as the educator discount, which gives you supplier pricing. Dealerships would not provide a discount beyond supplier pricing. We ended up going in a different direction and getting a Mazda CX-5.

Or how about getting a Rogue S AWD 20k MSRP for 117 a month!??

Can you post the numbers please?

Yes please pose Mazda numbers @Rolanam

Will do - don’t have the numbers in front of me at the moment though. What did you end up going with @doomtoall81?

@Rolanam The AWD LT equinox with confidence and convenience in Cajun Red. I was receiving similar payments with tax for 12k/24 months. Used a bonus GM code from their credit card points so the end was $215 with tax a month.

easy to review the numbers you went over to your parents. We would love to see them. thanks

Evidently the strike is still ongoing (since Sept 17th) and 2018 Equinox inventory is getting smaller …

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/10/no-breakthrough-labor-talks-chevrolet-equinox-plant-remains-shuttered/