2018 Buick Encore Sport Touring FWD w/Options Deal w/ Timeline

Using data from this site - originally looking at preferred trim for 24 months (thanks @adamcar)
0.00131 MF; RV .63
So used calculator to get these numbers:

Went to one local dealer, I refused an offer said they would call the next day, never heard from again. Found another dealer, they made me this offer:

I wrote the 24 month offer at the bottom of the page and told them I wanted to put zero down, then they came back with this offer:

So after using their numbers, I came up with this offer from the calculator which I made as my counter offer:

Which they accepted (rounded to $230/mo, zero down, zero drive off, etc)
After arriving at the dealership to sign the deal, I called Toyota (my previous lease) and they gave me a payoff that was higher than the $828.14 remaining. They added a $350 + tax disposition fee that I didn’t realize I would be responsible for, so that was added to the final cost.
So the final deal came out to:
$240.59/mo x 35 mo / 12k Miles/yr
Zero Down
Zero Drive off
1st Payment already paid (I didn’t have to pay it)
Signed and drove with nothing else out of pocket.
I asked for no disposition fee, which they didn’t guarantee, but in the contract will be waived if I buy at end of lease or lease another GM vehicle, which I’m cool with.
Hopefully this timeline will help someone with their deal. I’m sure I didn’t break any Leasehakr records, but it was a great deal for me. Between the payment + Insurance I am saving around $200/mo from my previous lease.
A couple tips/facts that helped me come up with a fair deal were:
#1- I came up with the dealer’s offer numbers using the calculator so when they looked at my offer, the numbers would fit most of their parameters.
#2- by doing this, I found that they were offering a better MF than what I was expecting based on the info I received from my RV/MF on this site (0.00100 vs 0.00131).

Here is the sticker for the particular trim/ options I received:

I would never lease an encore for 323. Many many other options for that kind of money.
Just leased an encore preferred today (4K cheaper msrp) for 158 drive off, 158/month, 0 down

Neither would I, but didn’t want a base model either.

Not meaning to be rude, but why did you make a seperate thread when you have already shared this on your other thread ? :thinking:

1 Like

This is the final deal step by step, the other one was just responding to questions from other posters. On the other thread, I was actually asking for advice and feedback, this one I am posting to hopefully help someone else. Sorry if it bothers you. The mods can delete it if I’m doing the wrong thing. Not my intention.

Im sorry. I didnt realize the area it was posted. No it doesnt both me. My mistake.

What is a dealer service fee for $699? Is that he same as a Doc fee? Did you try to get them to remove the deAler add ons?

I didn’t fight over every fee. I looked at their discount before incentives to see if they cancelled out the fees or came close because I expected a certain amount of fees. Then the incentives kicked in after. I would have made a lower offer if I didn’t have lease payments left. That ate into the discounts and incentives. They also took my first payment out of the discounts so I could have paid less per month if I paid up front. But I wanted a zero drive off. I used the 1% rule to determine if the deal overall was good. So I got what I wanted and they got what they wanted but overall the deal was good for me, even though I might have haggled more for removing some fees. But I chose not to. The bottom line is when there are so much in incentives/discounts some of the costs are negligible on the overall deal. Plus they charged less on the MF which was a bigger deal to me because that is a big % of the payment.

How much under 1% rule are you?

Can you share dealer contact and what region this was in? Looking for something fairly similar.

What is problematic is the almost 1.8k in dealer add ons which is never going to be residualized and therefore will be paid for during the lease and amounts to $50 fluff a month over the 36 months. If you ask them to remove those (do you need Nitrogen in your tires - air is 80% Nitrogen. How about the anti bacterial coating lol …), you should be able to get this under 180 easy peasy…

No I don’t agree. If I have to choose between getting rid of a 699 fee or a slightly higher MF, I would go for the fee … If you look at it, the rent charge is actually pretty small …

Thanks, I will keep that in mind next time.

This was in the Tampa Bay Area in Florida.
Dealer Website
Best dealership I’ve ever dealt with.

Never pay dealer installed options because they are the biggest scam (600% markup). If you feel pressured then negotiate at 1/3 the costs. If wheels are involved then 50%. I’ve never ever paid those extra dealership costs because the last dealer laughed when I picked up the car and asked if he could explain the paint protection process and extra security, he said “another $600.00 in my pocket”.

1 Like

I got a quote on a 2018 Encore Preferred yesterday from Tustin for $198 month with zero down and zero customer cash at signing. 24 mo at 1200 miles a years. My wife got the 2018 Chevy Equinox LT with tech package but it was $252.00 (FWD not AWD).

You did way better than I did. Congratulations!

Update: I got another quote from a dealer in Santa Clarita for a 2018 Encore Preferred for 24 months with 15K miles a year for $221 a month with zero down and zero customer cash. She also gave me a quote on a white preferred for 24months with 12K miles a year for $189 a month (only white). Today I found out that they will deliver for free to San Diego . So since my both friends asked for a Encore it looks like they will deliver next week. I will post pics upon delivery.I want to thank the forum for consider a Encore I never would of thought of one. But Friday my friend and I visited a local Buick and Cadillac dealership and test drove the Encores (Preferred, Touring, Essence and Premium) and I was very surprised on the quality and ride. Much better than a Trax, Kia an Honda. What was cool was while my friend was driving the Essen/Premium I test drove the ATS and ATS-V and both were real fun to drive.