2018 Buick Enclave - First Attempt at Leasing

First post, bear with me. After having to dump a ton of money into my current ride that was out of warranty by 4 months I’m fed up with the cost of ownership for a car, just done with the maintenance and ongoing costs of ownership. So, I’ve spent the last month reading over everything on this forum, I’ve not yet figured out the best way to get the best price on a lease but I’ll get there and I’m in no hurry unless I get the deal I want. I’m targeting around a $450 payment with no money down except first month, acquisition, doc fees.

This is the first real offer I got from a dealership and its not terrible but its not good either, 1.32% of selling price. I have to think there is still room to move on a couple of factors. That’s where I need some help, what levers should I be targeting as a negotiation point that a dealer has some flexibility on? Advice would be very helpful.

MSRP: $ 46,135
Selling Price: $40,195
Monthly Payment: $ 534/month including tax
Cash Due at Signing: $2,531 tax, doc, acquisition fee, and 1st month payment
MSD: none
Incentives: $1,250 customer and market bonus

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00129
Residual: 57%

Region: Illinois

The Enclave doesn’t lease well because the demand for them is very high. I’d look at QX60 instead

I hear you, this is one of the struggles I have, I need a 3 row SUV with bucket 2nd row and ample room in the 3rd. The QX60, Mazda CX-9, Volvo TC-90 just don’t have the leg room that I need. I have a traverse right now and it’s got a good amount of room, inches mean feet in that 3rd row. As I’ve read, all of the roomie 3rd row SUVs don’t lease well because they’re popular. I got a quote on an Atlas that was outrageous given the MSRP.

Kind of stuck on what reasonable options are with the criteria I have.

Did you end up leasing an Enclave? I’m working on a deal with a Buick dealer in TX for a 2018 Enclave Essence. I have a GM supplier discount. The first numbers he gave me are similar to yours. Were you able to get a better deal?

MSRP: $ 45,690
Selling Price: $40,509
Monthly Payment: $ 567/month

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00129
Residual: 59%

Region: Texas
Thank you in advance.

yeah they do. I had them for as low as $373 in June with 700 das. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great, can you share the details of the lease? Thank you!

If you just type in search in the marketplace you will get to this link

Keep in mind, not many 2018s are left.

My wife just leased one in NJ. Demo essence msrp 48500 for 399 month +taxes and fees- roughly 2500. I was also quoted 459/month for a brand new essence 2018 48-49msrp. Message me for more info.

Yikes. If you had conquest (or loyalty even better), you would have gotten a new one. Demo is tricky on GM vehicles. Mileage adjustments

Thank you for the information. Another dealer is willing to do 36900 for a
2018 Enclave Essence
MSRP 46140
MF .0018
Residual 59%

What are the payments and due at signing?

Trying to get it from them but they want for me to come in.