2018 BMW 430i Coupe M-Sport - 24/10k - $342.44+tax / month - $0 DAS - NorCal

Hi,

after months of research on different manufacturers and back and forth I finally pulled the trigger and got a BMW 430i Coupe Loaner in Snapper Rocks Blue with 4110 miles.
I think it’s a pretty good deal. What do you guys think?

They marked up the MF to the maximum (0.00206) which was honestly quite bothering me and I discussed with them (salesmen, used car manager and finance guy) for hours to reduce it, but they wouldn’t budge a single basis point since the car has already a huge discount on the selling price. At one point they claimed that their dealership generally marks up the MF to the max and this is not specific to my deal, but who knows… Also asked them multiple times to waive the acquisition fee in return for a 0.005 higher MF (which turns out favorably on 24 months leases) but they were not aware of this and their system (sonic) apparently doesn’t allow this.
Dealership was Stevens Creek BMW in NorCal (part of Sonic Automotive). All Stevens Creek dealerships get a lot of high profit walk-in sales and hence are usually not the first place you’d go for a good deal as far as I know, which may explain their firmness on the MF. I btw didn’t attempt to negotiate anything on the already good selling price, since they have a no haggle policy on used cars anyways. I just had the car for more than a month in my watchlist on cargurus and the dealer website and waited patiently as they lowered and lowered the price every week. When I started watching the selling price was at $43,984, so my patience shaved off $6k from that price, until we got to $37984. If there’s one complaint I have about the car, is that it only has the Hifi Audio system, not the Harman Kardon, but otherwise it’s really awesome to drive! I was specifically looking for this color (Snapper Rocks Blue) so I’m really happy that I eventually got a good deal on it.

**2018 BMW 430i Coupe M-Sport (couldn’t reproduce the numbers a 100% in the calculator, so they’re slightly lower in the calculator for some reason).

**MSRP: $52,615$
**Selling Price: $37,984 (28% Off)
**Monthly Payment: $342.44 + 8.5% tax (CA) = 371.55$ incl. tax
**Cash Due at Signing: $0
**MSD:0
**Incentives: $2000 Lease Cash + $500 Costco

**Months:24
**Annual Mileage:10000
**MF:0.00206
**Residual:61.28%

**Region:CA
**Leasehackr Score:12.4

12 Likes

Nice car. Good price. Congratulations

1 Like

Excellent deal and great job being patient for what you wanted. It’s a beautiful car, esp. since it has M-Sport package. I would say the discount from MSRP made up for the bumped MF.

2 Likes

Very nice car. Good job.

1 Like

You scored 28% before incentives? That’s a fantastic deal usually reserved for cars with > 5k. Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats on a great deal.

Folks, while the point of this site is to get the best deal within the parameters of what is considered ‘hack worthy’, let’s not take the eyes off the prize and get caught up by marked up MF’s or % residual. A great deal is a great deal regardless and this is that.

It’s effectively $328.xx plus tax which is a great deal. Esp considering it’s a desirable M sport.

They could give you buyrate MF with a smaller discount, end result would be the same great deal. For them it probably offers a compensation incentive to do it this way.

Has anyone said anything about it?

1 Like

great deal – good job – The color is a bit off maybe looks better in person.

If you read his post, he did.

well I gotta take some better pics in sunlight etc., but in general the color looks better in person. However I noticed that people (asked a couple of friends) either love or hate it. It’s extremely polarizing. I’m on the love side fortunately :slight_smile:

Huh, I thought it was Estoril blue at first glance, then I thought it was Long Beach blue, then I read your window sticker and got confused. I like it!

1 Like

You mean OP? Then why this:

Nah, it looks dope. I’m pretty picky on blues but that picture in the garage shows how sick that finish is. People who hate it are just jealous.

1 Like

Retro colors are making a (small) comeback. One reason I like vintage cars.

Anyone remember when an S class came in every color of the rainbow?

This is a killer deal. Enjoy the ride bro. You are driving bimmer on an accord’s payment :slight_smile:
HACKR worthy deal!

1 Like

SIIIIIIIIIIIICK Deal ! Trophy Garage worthy for sure! Congrats

1 Like

Nice congrats, that’s a fun car to drive tried it at one of the recent bmw drive events. BTW how long did it take you to negotiate once you contacted the dealer after the price drop.

Wow that’s a great deal. Makes me want to lease swap my 330 I just got and try to replicate this deal.

Outstanding deal. 202020