2018 BMW 340i - First time lease!

1. MSRP of the car you want: 61,250
  2. Selling price of the car (your negotiated price of the car): 58,250
  3. Gross cap cost of the car (this is the selling price + all bullshit fees taxes etc): 58250 + 925 acquisition + 250 doc
  4. Incentives: 3000 lease incentive, 750 loyalty = 3750
  5. Money Factor (MF): .00186
  6. Residual (in %): 61%
  7. Term of your lease (months): 36
  8. Mileage allotment (7.5K/10K/12K/15K…etc): 10k

Due at start: $4781
Total annual fees: $111.75
Total Monthly Payment: $615.23

Hi guys, first lease. I’m wondering what I can even try to negotiate on. From my research it seems the 3750 rebate and the 61% residual are correct for my state (ohio). For Money Factor I saw some posts of .00156 being the best but to push for .00172 at least.

I think the best way for me to go for this is:

1.) sale price.Website has it at 59250 so he has only come down $1000. What is a reasonable target to shoot for? 55,000?

2.) Money factor. How low can I get this? What is a good asking point?

3.) Anything else I’m missing?

Sorry in advance for any stupid questions.

There’s no reason why you can’t get buy rate on the money factor. Don’t accept anything higher. Looks like you’re not getting much of any discount on the car.

If you’re truly set on a 2018 then you’re probably gonna get a crummy deal regardless of this advice. This is prime time for MY2017 BMW leases.

Thanks for the fast reply. It is awesome I can come to the internet and get instant sanity check from a stranger!

Is the buy rate .00156? I believe it is but just wanted to make sure. I’ll push for that.

I think if I can get the 1.) MF to .00156 2.) Price down 10% before incentives (59250 -> 53325) I will pull the trigger. Do you think this is a reasonable ask? How low may the dealer go?

You are right. I looked at the 2017 but couldn’t find any in my area with what I want: I am looking for 1.) harman kardon sound and 2.) the executive package (the fun cameras and stuff). This is the only one I can find fully loaded (hence the 60k MSRP).

I’m in SoCal and for a 340i (mid 50k) I have two dealerships at 11% off MSRP (before rebates, etc).
The offer on the table isn’t even at 5%.
Call them back, say a dealer (you pick, that’s within a 50 mile radius w/ a lot of inventory) told you if you come in they’d do at least 10% off MSRP.
Tell them you’ll come in and lease the car today if they can beat that.
Hope this helps and ask on the Edmunds forum what the MF is in your area.

Expand the search radius and try and find 2017s. There a guy who posted recently looking for 2017s. It could even be worth shipping/ long drive if you can get 15%/20% or better on 2017s. As mentioned before, better deals to be had on '17s. If you’re stuck on '18s, then do as @JRcarLA says.

If your in SoCal there’s a demo/loaner posted by nyclife for 369 a month on marketplace

What do people think about Kelley Blue Book website for creating a sales negotiating Target price? Are the new car prices recommended to pay too high to low or just about right?

Check plaza BMW in st Louis, I think they had some 340i loaners.

Fyi I don’t think the hardon upgrade is worth throwing a car out for. I have it on my 330i and its nothing earth shattering better over the stock sound system.

I just got done researching 340i’s in the SoCal area. Your best bet for deals on new or used is Pacific BMW and Ontario BMW. Century West BMW was also OK. Unfortunately it’s gonna take one written offer at 10% off MSRP for dealers to take you seriously. Otherwise you’ll end up with BS offers like this one.

I just proposed 10% off MSRP ( 6,125 ) and lowering the money factor to .00156 from .00186. Assuming dealer agrees to both it should bring monthly to below 600 bucks and I’ll accept.

I think what I’m asking is reasonable so I expect the dealer to accept

Just FYI

I negotiated a 2018 340xi GT loaner down to 345/mo + tax, only first month payment down. Premium package, cold weather and some other useless options. Don’t settle for this ridiculous deal.

2 Likes

Also please do your research and see published incentives by BMW FS that @bmwdave posted.

Lease credit this month is 2k/3k (based on 3 series trim) and loyalty is 1500

Damn that’s a good deal. What was the MSRP and what did you get it down to?

Mine isn’t a loaner and its fully equipped with exec package, premium package, Harman sound and m sport.

And yeah, forgot to mention I’ll push for the 1500 loyalty credit too.

Where are you based? If ny or nj, pretty sure I can do a lot better through my dealer.

I’m in Ohio but would drive to NJ for the right deal. Can you PM me your email or number to text?

I am in NJ and looking to lease a 335/340.

Could you send me or PM me your dealer?

1 Like

335 is not a model anymore

this post is from a year ago sir

Thats why my comment was 335/340