2018 BMW 328d xDrive $55k MSRP $356.98 / 10k yr / $1978 drive-off / MSDs

I’m respectfully hoping for some candid feedback with evaluating this deal. I’m glad the car dealers of the world can’t tell I’m a woman when negotiating because in the past, I feel they’ve definitely attempted to take advantage. This forum has leveled the playing field. THANK YOU! That said, I’ve struggled with looking for a dealer willing to give their car away!

This is the deal I’m wanting to move forward with, but I feel there is more meat here if I wait until closer toward the end of the month when lease support for 2018s end.

Really looking for where else to trim!

Thank you in advance!!!

MSRP $55,725
Cap Cost $47,385 (14.96% discount)
Adjusted Cap $48,310 (because I’m not putting enough down to pay the bank fee and DMV fees?)
Residual $37,342.45 (67%)
MF .00177 (down to .00142)
Rebates $5,750 - I believe includes loyalty and USAA (I was trying to get the OL code in Monterey)
Bank Fee $925
Tax on Credit $495.98
DMV Fees $551
Tire Tax $7
1st Payment $356.98
Document fee $85
MSDs $2450
Drive-Off $1978
Payment $356.98
24 months
10k per year

I think you may be right on the mark here, more experience hackers can chime in, see a recent example below. Is this a new 2018 328d or a demo with miles?

Thank you for the initial feedback. This is brand new with 12 miles.

You can try and have them waive the acq fee and bump the money factor. Also, you can try for more discount but as this vehicle is new, you’re at 15% now, not sure how much lower dealer can go. See what this last week brings.

1 Like

Decent discount… in line with most other 328ds here (15-16% off). Your MSRP is $5k higher than most the deals we had out east.

Did you double check the incentives? Lease cash in so-cal is $4,500, $1,000 for loyalty and thought USSA was $500. Is it only $250?

Base MF is .00177 so looks like they are marking it up slightly… only about a $5/month increase.

Dropping the acquisition fee for the MF bump will save you around $5/month.

What is the purpose of putting $500? I would skip that.

Don’t forgot to sign up for BMW CCA to get the additional $500 since it’s new.

Not a unicorn but think it’s a good deal if you like the car and it’s options. If you don’t need all the options, probably keep shopping as it’s costing you about $70/month vs. a $50k 328d (if you could find one).

They are pretty fun to drive! Was pleasantly surprised myself.

USAA is now 250 as of Jan 1

1 Like

As others have said, this looks pretty good for a new $55k model.

That said, if you can play with the numbers ever so slightly, it could look better. For example, base MF, another $150 off the sale price, waive the acq fee for the MF bump, and $0 down payment keeps you just under $350, and lowers the MSDs and DAS.

If you can’t quite get there, offer up base MF at the previous sale price, BUT put down $150. You are so close to $350, it is worth it for $150 to avoid tying up another $350 in MSD money, IMHO.

Yeah…this deal does look pretty good. I have a 328d Xdrive wagon at $56k I swapped into at $423/mo incl taxes and that payment alone was pretty good for the car at the time. I did manage to get a few bucks from the seller as well, so effective pmt is less than that.

Thank you for some very helpful feedback. I’m interested in this particular 328d because it has the power rear shade and side window shades, along with adaptive cruise control and Harman-Kardon sound. I wouldn’t really want a car without the adaptive cruise after having it on my others since first having it on my 2005 Infiniti M45.

I love the idea of getting to under $350 and having a lower MSD. The dealer is closed today, so I’ll jump back into negotiating Monday.

1 Like

TMAC-

Our 328d wagon has the Harmon Kardon and I can confirm it CRANKS! Really really good for a stock OEM system…more than good enough for my ears.

As for adaptive cruise, IMO the jury is still out on this one. I do use it (my previous i3’s had it as well), but its not 100% trustworthy. Its helpful for sure, but there have been too many times where I feel like it breaks too late (i.e. gets too close to cars in front, not matter how the following distance is adjusted).

1 Like

@Tmac31 How many 328ds does this dealer have and how many are in the area, you can use dealer A vs dealer B vs each other for a few more dollars of similar build if in the area.

This dealer has only one and the nearest 328d xDrive is over a 100 miles away and doesn’t have this equipment. This one has the highest MSRP in that distance, and the car is one of six with ACC and the Harman-Kardon sound in the country (at least on Autotrader because BMW only lets you search 100 miles).

Try cargurus.com instead of autotrader… much better for new car inventory…Since you are pretty particular about the options, I wouldn’t push them too much but think @Qbrozen’s calculator is a reasonable request. Keep in mind the calculator isn’t exact as it’s relates to sales tax, so just ask to be below $350/month with no cap cost reduction.

If you do find a similar one nearby, definitely pit them against each other as I assume an under powered diesel turbo for $56k is not in high demand.

First- how much is the MF bump from base .00177 (.00142 w/ MSD) with opting for higher MF vs acq. fee and second- how does paying the acq. fee up front compare?

In playing with the numbers, the deal is starting to look a little better and the score is definitely going up.

His calculator had this… bump it .0005 to .00227 (if they are using Base MF) and put acquisition at zero. Saves you around $5-$10/month.

If you pay the acquisition fee upfront, you would have a lower monthly payment but are paying more upfront and more for the lease overall, so not sure why you would opt for this.

Don’t pay too much attention to the LH score since it’s incorrectly adjusts at times. Total cost is helpful or just do everything at zero drive off at first.

1 Like

Does it have to be xDrive?

I like xDrive but it definitely doesn’t have to. I think it’s an extra $2k