2018 Base 911 vs 2017 911 S with Leather and Sport Package

Dear Hackers. I’ve found two options for a CPO 911.
[…42 months, $7000 drive off, 5000 miles…]

2018 Base 911. Basic build, standard black leather. 8k miles, 4 years of warranty. $1060 / month
2017 911 S - Red full leather, Premium Plus, Sport Package. 28k miles. 24 months warranty. $1240/month. Both are Silver.

• CPO adds 24 months of warranty to the current factory warranty.

Hackers, would you pay ~$200 more for a better-optioned 911 with more miles and shorter warranty.

Or $200 less for the lower mileage, longer warranty and lesser build?

PS. Leasing for 42 months, with the purchase option, is really on par with purchasing used. There are advantages - to me - in leasing. The specific drive off may change. I used the same amount for comparison.

1 Like

My own personal policy is to NEVER lease anything that is not covered by the original factory B to B warranty for every day of the lease…CPO warranties are not all the same and most if not all are NOT the same/as comprehensive as the original B to B warranty from the factory, even if offered by the manufacturer.

Not sure that’s helpful to you, but…

No comment on the lease pricing, but for 911s the options make or break the car. I’d drive both and see which one you like more. See if the S is worth the money to you over the base. For a daily/ commuter, you may be better off with the base, but if its a pleasure car for you I’d go for the S with sports pack. S typically holds value better than the base, but this particular one is higher up there in miles so it may not apply.

At that price 200 more for the S seems worth it. Aren’t they 150,000k used?

New 911 S is $115k without options. 2017 with mid 20k’s mileage is way under a 100 dimes.

Link

Link 2

:bat:

The selling prices are close given the different years. The 2017 S is $5kish more and slightly lower residual. CPO residuals are black box w CPO. It varies and set by PFS.

@Speedy - The CPO warranty w Porsche is the same. 100% coverage. I am exiting a CPO Panamera.

Ok, as long as you’ve considered/studied it. I’m very surprised that the CPO is the same as the original B to B warranty, but I have exactly ZERO experience with Porsche so I defer to people with specific knowledge of their CPO program…

Excuse me for being naive on this but - you can lease CPO’s? Wasn’t aware. How does one find out RV, MF besides relying on dealer? I’m assuming no incentives apply beyond negotiating below ask price. You learn something every day on Leasehackr.

Certain brands allow you to lease CPO’s

MSRPs were $120k vs $139k. So… +$19k for S, Sport package and options.

Why not get a new 2019, this is a dealer ad so I am sure there is more room here.

$1400 with tax. $8000 drive off. 10k miles and 2 years maintenance. it’s a good offer on a base 911.

Ya but the 2020 is soooo much better

I did a CPO BMW w/ 16,000 miles on it one time. Wish I knew about this site then, saved a little bit though it wasn’t anything to write home about. Finding the one person at the dealership who knows where to find the program on the internal Infobahn / FS site is a challenge.

1 Like

So the S deal is $7000 drive off with total of 17500 miles through the lease with $1240 monthly?
Does your drive off include taxes and registration or will there be CA tax on top of $1240?

I highly doubt you would lose 52k (plus tax on the full purchase price) after owning a 911 for 3.5 years and 17500 miles.

Is this a Cab or Coupe?

If the 2017 and 2018 are the same generation and no refresh, then get the S. If you dont get the S you will regret it. Full leather is way nicer also. $200 and 20k miles seems like a good trade off for those options.

I got the 2017 911 S Cab with leather and Sport Package, Chrono, rear steering, sport exhaust, sport seats. +$100 month over the 2018 base 911. Amazing car… $1150/month inc tax… I’ve never come close on a new 911… even a base 911.

$7000 was drive off. I had an issue with my previous Panamera and Porsche sent me a good will $7000.

2 Likes