2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige Deal Opinion

Hey guys, first of all I’m new the forum and still learning so I apologize if I’m missing some details here but I just wanted to get some initial feedback

**MSRP: $68,490
**Monthly Payment: $772 (tax included)
**Cash Due at Signing: $2000
**MSD: $8000

**Months: 39 months
**Annual Mileage: 12,000
**Residual: $43,866

**Region: Florida

I’m really hoping to keep the same down payment but reduce the monthly payment to $750. If I’m able to do that can anyone tell me if this would be a good deal. Again, apologize in advance for missing some information here.

First rule of leasing an Audi is always choose a p-plus over a prestige.

Rv on the prestige is always lower than the premium and premium plus.

Is there any option on this prestige that isn’t available on a lower trim that your interested in? Is it all the advanced driver safety stuff?

Yea, I figured someone would bring that up and I’ve seen that RV is much better for Prem +, but it’s exactly what you said, the drivers assist is really what’s pulling me towards the prestige.

Had a friend ask me to help him with a Q7 Prestige but convinced him to get a P+ instead bc of the better RV and incentives. Not sure about SQ5, but the Q7 P+ has the option to add in the Driver Assistance package.

Are you absolutely positive you can’t get an SQ5 P+ with driver assistance?

1 Like

Afraid not, I had a dealer out here tell me that they don’t have the drivers assistance package on P+ for SQ5. Just went on their site to build it just to double check and I see that it’s possible on the Q7 but not available for the SQ5 :confused:

1 Like

I faced the same issue with leasing S5 SB in September, I wanted the heads up display/driver assistance package and so I had to go for Prestige :confused:

SQ5 is a sick car and you’ll definitely love the interior, what’s the selling price for the deal you have?

1 Like

The deal is atrocious but you won’t get a deal on an SQ5 Prestige. So you just need to be okay with overpaying because the SQ5 is what you want.

I drive an Audi, so I get it, I think they’re better than the competitors.

At this point the Prestige is only a 1% RV difference, not a big deal, so if the stuff on the Prestige is important to you go for it. Couple of comments-

1. You need to share the full lease sheet with us, this is not enough info. What is the sales price?
  2. 39/12 has a 2 point residual drop and a higher MF vs 36/12. There’s no benefit there that I can see this month other than stretching the payment.
  3. Add Audi Care into the deal, it bumps your residual up 1 point

There is $1,500 in Audi cash on the SQ5 so the question will be how deep is the dealer discounting for you. Anything less than 15% at this point is not worth doing imo.

1 Like

Thanks, I just asked them to send over the lease sheet, will shot it over as soon as I get it. Thank you for all your feedback

Alright guys this is what I got. Does not include Audi Care. Would love your feedback

1% difference isn’t bad.

When I got my Q7 in November there was a 3 point difference (obviously different car, different program)

How much more incentives/rebates were available when you got your sq5?

That’s actually a pretty decent discount given on an SQ5 Prestive. Looks to be about 12 percent, I think. Not sure if you can ask for more and if they’d agree to it, it’s already double digit discount.

The cash down makes this monthly look better than it really is, though. Can you take some of that cash down and buy audicare to improve the RV? It may benefit you in the long run.

1 Like

I’ll ask them about including audi care right now and see what they come up with.

Just don’t put any extra cash down, make them do the discounting to help the monthly payment.

I think before you go back to the dealer let’s get your numbers straight. Go to Edmunds and confirm what your local MF and residuals are for 36/12 and 39/12. I can’t figure out how the MF is .00108 (assuming after MSDs) vs the base rate I’m seeing there.

Also what is included in that $2k drive off? I don’t see the doc fee in there. Is the bank fee being rolled in to the lease? As Stinger said, we will also take the cap cost money out to see the true cost.

Discount I think 14% is realistic. @mikem I had $3,750 in incentives when I leased mine with season of Audi and loyalty so my total was 17% but the dealer discount was in that 11%-12% range.

I’m gonna dig up all that information now. The MF is after MSDs

hey guys,

just wanted to circle back and share what I closed with them. I don’t have all the information because I need to dig up my documents from the car so I’ll do that later, but basically these are estimates:

2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige

Down payment: $1.1k
MSD: $6.9k
36 mo/12k miles
Audi care included
$770/month

The offer I mentioned earlier had a $2k down payment so it was a no brainer for me to up the monthly payments by $5, have audi care included and cut the down payment by almost half. Could I have done even better…maybe, but I just want to thank you all for your input. Really gave me some peace of mind and I absolutely love the car

1 Like

For a ~$68k Audi in Florida it looks like you got a good deal. Enjoy the vehicle

1 Like